Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14585 - 03/26/04 11:46 AM Iberia domestic flight in June not available??
concernedmom Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
I've been checking on a flight for my daughter from Madrid to Almaria on June 20th, flight #8601 at 13:05 and returning on July 17th, flight #8598 at 07:15.

I've checked twice since yesterday and it's coming up as unavailable..is this possible?

If it's sold out what other airlines can I try?

#14586 - 03/26/04 12:16 PM Re: Iberia domestic flight in June not available??
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I have just checked out and there are no super-cheap fares, probably because it is too soon. In the calendars that appear in the page "We are unable to find departing flights..." note that all days are on orange background that, according to the legend on the right, means "No information available for this date".

Clicking on the red "Search flight by schedule" link lowermost, you can see that currently there are seats in the flights you mention, and the cheapest fare Iberia offers for the r/t is 172.12 EUR plus issuing fees (9 EUR per leg, if I recall correctly). Be aware that this is not the full economy fare (which is 399.12 EUR).

If I were you, I would wait a couple of weeks (say, late April) to let Iberia to publish their summer bargains. Or, even better, use the "Contact Iberia" link to ask them when are they going to publish their special offers for the dates you need.

#14587 - 03/26/04 12:17 PM Re: Iberia domestic flight in June not available??
concernedmom Offline

Ok, I tried another screen at Iberia.com and found the flight information...whew!

This flight is for my 17 yr old daughter who doesn't have a credit card. We want to pay with our credit card.

It states to be issued a Ciberticket "The credit card holder, with which the ticket has been paid, will have to present the card the day of departure at the Iberia check-in counter. Even if you choose to pick up the ticket in the Iberia office, the credit card holder must be the one who picks up the ticket and shows the credit card.

So, do we have to get her a credit card pronto?

#14588 - 03/26/04 12:31 PM Re: Iberia domestic flight in June not available??
concernedmom Offline

Thank you Torrales. I've emailed both the questions to Iberia. Hopefully I hear a response.

#14589 - 03/26/04 01:06 PM Re: Iberia domestic flight in June not available??
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
hey im 19 and 2 years ago i travelled alone from madrid airport to mojacar in almeria by bus. it is very simple to do and also alot cheaper and there are loads of buses everyday. i think i paid 28€. i just jumped in a taxi which took me to the bus station and here i got the bus direct to mojacar. the bus stops in many different towns in almeria so it might be easier for your daughter to travel this way. you can also book her ticket in advance on www.alsa.es (the page is in english 2)Does your daughter need to get to almeria city? if you need and more info give a shout!

#14590 - 03/27/04 10:07 AM Re: Iberia domestic flight in June not available??
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
It states to be issued a Ciberticket "The credit card holder, with which the ticket has been paid, will have to present the card the day of departure at the Iberia check-in counter. Even if you choose to pick up the ticket in the Iberia office, the credit card holder must be the one who picks up the ticket and shows the credit card.
It actually says so, but I have bought tickets on iberia.com several times and I was never asked to show the credit card at the check-in counter. Even last year I gifted a friend a ticket Barcelona-Madrid-Barcelona to come to visit me, I payed it with my c/c and he was not requested for the c/c at all. As the system asks you for a valid id number (passport, Iberia Frequent Flyer Card, National ID Card), her passport number should suffice to identify her.

Anyway, I suppose that the wiser move is to wait till the Iberia's Customer Center responds your email confirming that she won't need anything but her passport.

#14591 - 03/29/04 07:45 PM Re: Iberia domestic flight in June not available??
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Get that child a credit card!!!!! She may need it for an emergency!!! She also needs an ATM card. I opened a separate credit card account and attached my kids to the account just for travel emergencies. They each have a card with their own name. It works great. I can book their flights and they still have the correct card to show.

I did have to show my card in February at the Iberia check-in. You never know.

#14592 - 04/23/04 11:37 AM Re: Iberia domestic flight in June not available??
concernedmom Offline

Thanks Sel! I will get her a credit card and use it to book her Iberia flights.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1615 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments