Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14377 - 02/20/04 03:59 PM Montserrat - getting there from Barcelona
jvnlb Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
I want to take a day trip from Barcelona to Montserrat. Any suggestions on websites, etc. that would give me information on the best way to make that trip? I prefer train. I know you have to take a cable car to the top. Is there a combined rail/cable car ticket that can be purchased, and if so, where/how? Any help is appreciated.

#14378 - 03/03/04 11:03 AM Re: Montserrat - getting there from Barcelona
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I don't know if I am late with this response, but anyway...

To reach Montserrat Monastery from Barcelona using the train you have to take the FGC line that departs from Plaça Espanya station to Monistrol de Montserrat and there, transfer to the rack railway that climbs you up the Monastery.

You have all the information about schedules, fares, combined tickets, etc., in English, at http://www.cremallerademontserrat.com/default2_en.asp?lang=en

#14379 - 03/03/04 01:27 PM Re: Montserrat - getting there from Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Torrales, thank you SO MUCH for that link and your information! I really had no idea it could be so easy to go. I imagine there are buses which go to, no? And wow. HOW CHEAP! It's only 3.80 € one way or 6€ round-trip. eek Incredibly cheap, if you ask me.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14380 - 03/04/04 09:10 AM Re: Montserrat - getting there from Barcelona
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well, the 3.80/6 EUR fare is just for the rack railway. On top of that, one has to add the 4-zones ticket from Barcelona, and the fare for the use of either or both of the two funiculars (Santa Cova and Sant Joan).

As Catalans have always had business-oriented minds smile there are three very interesting combined tickets:
- Combinat: train r/t Barcelona + r/t rack railway for 6.80 EUR
- TransMonserrat: Combinat + r/t BCN Metro ticket + unlimited use of funiculars + entrance to the Audiovisual Area for 21 EUR
- Tot Montserrat: TransMontserrat + entrance to the Museum + lunch at the self-service facility for 34.50 EUR.

Surely there are buses that take you there, but I cannot help on that area.

#14381 - 03/09/04 07:33 PM Re: Montserrat - getting there from Barcelona
Chiyo Offline

the link provided was Great !!!

really looking forward to my trip ! in abt 10 days time...

Will be spending a nite there as well

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1495 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments