Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14059 - 08/16/03 01:43 PM Madrid:Picking Up Online Purchased Rail Tickets?
vicnric Offline

We've secured tickets for both the AVE (Madrid-Sevilla) and the Talgo (Granada-Madrid) but were wondering if we can pickup the tickets from the Madrid Barajas Airport Renfe office. Or do we have to pick them up from the Madrid Atocha station? If the latter is the case, where exactly in Atocha do we go to get them?
Thanks to all the contributors to this forum.

#14060 - 08/19/03 08:29 AM Re: Madrid:Picking Up Online Purchased Rail Tickets?
blueterrier Offline

You need to go down to Atocha station, to the ticket office(next to the rainforest), there is a ticket queueing waiting scheme with a machine giving out tickets for Local,national and Internet. We collected tickets for the AVE 6 weeks ago, upon entering the ticket office it was packed so we pushed the button for an Internet ticket and lo and behold we only had to wait 5 mins till our number was showing on one of the desks.If you have booked them with your credit card you will need to bring that as proof as well
RENFE 10/10
salud

#14061 - 08/19/03 03:53 PM Re: Madrid:Picking Up Online Purchased Rail Tickets?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
You can also pick up the tickets at the airport. I've done this on my last 3 trips. It's alot more convenient - usually no line. I get off the plane, go through customs, make a right, get my euros from the ATM, then just past the first ATM on the right is the RENFE ticket office.

When you get to the train station you're set!

#14062 - 03/04/04 05:09 PM Re: Madrid:Picking Up Online Purchased Rail Tickets?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Thought I'd revive this thread with a related question:

Does anyone know the hours of operation for the RENFE ticket office at the airport in Madrid?

I usually arrive in the mornings after 8 a.m. and the office is open to pick up my tickets. However, on my upcoming trip laugh I'm flying in from London on Iberia and arrive at 8:30 in the evening.

#14063 - 03/05/04 06:11 AM Re: Madrid:Picking Up Online Purchased Rail Tickets?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
I'm flying in from London on Iberia and arrive at 8:30 in the evening.
Mmm... you'd have to hurry. I've just called the RENFE information center and the opening hours are 8am-9pm 7 days a week.

#14064 - 03/05/04 02:13 PM Re: Madrid:Picking Up Online Purchased Rail Tickets?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Thank you so much for checking. I'll hurry but it may not be possible as I'll have to clear customs and pick up my bags. Worst case, my first train trip is the next morning from Atocha at 10 a.m. I'll just get there early.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3029 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments