Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14274 - 01/16/04 11:13 PM Madrid to Cuenca?
yaya Offline

Going to Madrid 1st time in Feb. Is Cuenca feasible as a day trip? Is it possible to get there by train or bus? Or do we need a car? If so, any recomendations for lunch etc. If not; any recomendations for other smaller/interesting towns near Madrid? We are also going to Toledo and Segovia.

#14275 - 01/17/04 01:02 PM Re: Madrid to Cuenca?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Sorry I can't answer your question about public transportation to Cuenca because we went by car--an easy drive. But I hope you do get there for sure because I have been to many areas of Spain, and Cuenca is still up there at the very top of my list of must see smaller towns. See if you can stay the night, in the old city. You'll find some good recommendations for accomodations on this board. Cuenca is truly amazing.

#14276 - 01/17/04 02:30 PM Re: Madrid to Cuenca?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
You can go to Cuenca either by train ( Renfe ) or bus ( Auto-Res ).

As for Toledo and Segovia, I would recommend the bus because it's faster and more convenient than the train.

#14277 - 01/17/04 07:22 PM Re: Madrid to Cuenca?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
If you wind up driving, try to see Segobriga which is near Cuenca, perhaps on your way back to Madrid. Segobriga is a small ruined Roman city, partially excavated, and often empty of visitors. They have a small museum building. The nearby town is Saelices.

#14278 - 01/24/04 11:27 AM Re: Madrid to Cuenca?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I keep postponing my visit to Cuenca. I have heard that it can be quite cold in February so dress warmly. Let us know more if you decide to go!

#14279 - 02/04/04 07:53 PM Re: Madrid to Cuenca?
Chiyo Offline

I am planning to go to Cuenca from Madrid by train. I've checked out the RENFE website. Train joourney @ 2 hrs 15 mins.

If you prefer a day trip, you should look at the earliest depaarture ?

The earliest should be @ 8.50 am, arrive in Cuenca 11.16am. If you miss this one, the next train would depart 12.23pm, arrive Cuenca 14.45pm.

I've check out various guidebooks. Cuenca ranks the highest for small town trips. Recommended for overnight stay though.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2717 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments