Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14256 - 01/01/04 09:35 PM car rental madrid
fuegofuego Offline

Any suggestions on which company to look into for car rentals in Spain? Pick up and drop off will be at Barajas Airport -- Madrid in June 2004. Thanks for any suggestions.

#14257 - 01/02/04 08:28 AM Re: car rental madrid
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I have mostly used Budget, and Avis once. Both had friendly staff, brand new cars (we got an 03 Volkswagon Golf from Avis in June) - I can recommend either of those. Both are relatively easy to check the rates from the US, also.

#14258 - 01/05/04 07:04 PM Re: car rental madrid
biotechsolutions Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
We've always rented AVIS (last 8 years), right at the terminal can book over the internet. Look for good discount codes, some can give 40% off published rates. Another thing we've found out, rent a B or C size car. More than likely you'll be upgraded without charge if you just ask, the Opel Vectra Diesel if great if you can get it. Gets great gas mileage.

#14259 - 01/05/04 10:42 PM Re: car rental madrid
fuegofuego Offline

Thanks for the suggestions. We are going this June and the rates seem to be high -- I will definitely check out your ideas.

#14260 - 01/06/04 06:26 AM Re: car rental madrid
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Although I haven´t looked in detail at their website, I´ve seen advertised here www.pepecar.com It´s supposed to be a dirt-cheap car rental place (if my memory serves me right something like 9 Euros a day). Of course you have to check small print etc. but something worth checking out? They also refund 8 Euros if you return the car in a clean condition.

#14261 - 01/30/04 10:14 PM Re: car rental madrid
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
We used PepeCar last year when they first came out. They only had brand new Mercedes Clase A cars. Nice cars, handles well, and fit our luggage better than bigger cars that we've rented before. Don't let the size fool you, it was roomy. And we are a family of 4! We will definiately consider them again when looking at rates for this summer.

One thing though, they say they are at Barajas, but their office is not inside the terminal. To find them, you go outside and catch the little minibus to long term parking, get off at the parking and they are right across the street.
Hope this helps.
K. Sanchez

#14262 - 01/31/04 10:01 AM Re: car rental madrid
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
I would recommend www.carjet.com/. I have rented a car through them everytime I go to Europe.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2336 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments