Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14286 - 01/27/04 04:11 PM What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
Ward Offline

Loc: Texas
I am planning on renting a car at the Madrid airport and driving to Gurrucha on the coast. Where is a good town to stop and spend the nighton the way down? could you recommend a place to stay? How long will it take to drive from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha? Is driving and renting a car the best way? Are there sites to see along the way? I have never been to Spain.

#14287 - 01/28/04 03:54 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never heard of such town.

#14288 - 01/28/04 05:32 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
According to the ViaMichelin.com site, there is a "Guargacho" but on the Canary Island of Tenerife. Do you intend to DRIVE there? hehehe.. wink

You might check the spelling and ask again - and/or tell us in what region of Spain is this Gurrucha. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan confused

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14289 - 01/28/04 05:48 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was luckier today. Gurrucha seems to be in Almería. smile

A web page with some side-relation with Gurrucha

#14290 - 01/28/04 09:24 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
jlramos Offline

Loc: New York NY EEUU
Probably means GARRUCHA. You're right Ignacio, it's in Almeria, very close to Mojacar. Lovely area.

#14291 - 01/28/04 10:43 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
FYI: The Garrucha City Hall website (only in Spanish) is @ http://www.dipalme.org/garrucha/

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14292 - 01/28/04 10:49 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Garrucha is one of my favourite places - no real idea why, I just felt happy there.

Great fried chiperones and churros in the bustling indoor market laugh

I once had the whole big beach, in front of the town, to myself and spent a long time letting the sand run through my fingers whilst I basked in the warm sun in October. It was lovely sand. Sigh .....

A lively fishing port too.

Hope you like it cool

Sorry I can't help you with the travel from Madrid frown

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1577 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments