Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14196 - 10/27/03 06:46 AM alicante to benidorm
chez123 Offline

Loc: uk
I hope to book a trip for my family to Benidorm,does anyone know if their is a direct train link from alicante airport .I think it is about 60k to Benidorm from the airport so i imagine it would be expensive for eight of us by taxi.If no train perhaps a bus,can anyone help i would grateful

#14197 - 10/27/03 12:54 PM Re: alicante to benidorm
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
chez123 writes:
Quote:
... I hope to book a trip for my family to Benidorm,does anyone know if their is a direct train link from alicante airport ...
There is no direct train link from Alicante airport to Benidorm. There is something called a trenet that goes from northeast Alicante but it's a long way from the airport. Bus would probably be best. I'm not sure where they leave from - Plaza de España would probably be a good bet. That's where our bus to Campello originates. If they have a Tourist Bureau counter in the airport, they should be able to tell you.

#14198 - 10/27/03 02:14 PM Re: alicante to benidorm
Mersan Offline

This is from the Alicante website. You could take a taxi to the Plaza del Mar or stay in Alciante and visit Benidorm which would be my preference. (You would probably need two taxis or a minibus) The playa San Juan in Alicante equals the beach in Benidorm I would say. But that is just my preference.

TRENET

Narrow-gauge train that runs along the northern coast of the province to Dénia, with stops at every interesting village, such as San Juan beach, El Campello, Benidorm, Altea, Calpe, Teulada, Gata and Dénia.
The first stop is in Plaza del Mar, at the beginning of Postiguet beach. The service between Alicante and El Campello is by tram.

FERROCARRILS DE LA GENERALITAT VALENCIANA (FGV)

Address: Avda. de Villajoyosa, 2 (at the end of Postiguet beach)

Phone number: +34 900 720 472 - Fax. +34 965 26 29 30

The train offer other services:

Trenet

#14199 - 10/30/03 03:10 PM Re: alicante to benidorm
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
I've used the fgv train a few times between Campello, Vilajoiosa and Benidorm. It will be much cheaper taking a taxi from the airport to the Alicante terminus but the station at Benidorm is towards the back of the resort so you would need taxis from there to your digs, plus you have luggage to carry around. I would say, depending on how long youre going for, the cost of hiring a car from the airport will not work out much more and give you the freedom to get around too. Try www.carjet.com or www.doyouspain.com . I've used both used both and it's pretty straightforward.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2717 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments