Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13613 - 03/13/03 10:32 AM Intra-Spain flights on Spanair
slymongoose Offline

Loc: chicago
Spanair is offering $30 intra-Spain flights, but I can't figure out how to get the tickets. On the website it shows two delivery options -- one can be delivered to your Spain or Germany address or the tickets can be picked up within 48 hours at the airport. I live in the U.S. can I still purchase these tickets and how do I get them?

#13614 - 03/13/03 12:44 PM Re: Intra-Spain flights on Spanair
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You ARE a slymongoose, aren't you?! hehehe...

According to the Spanair page HERE (by the way, this is a "TARGET" page in this "Frames" website so you can't get back to the main menu from here.. You have to just go back to http://www.spanair.com/en/ (English version))

Quote:
Ticket by Mail in USA

We offer our customers a new ticket by mail service free of charge !( Tickets to be mailed for travel within 14 days of travel will be charge a $ 15 fedex fee ), available 24 hours per day, 365 days a year. With just a phone call you can make your reservation and have the ticket at your home or office. Remember that with just a call to 1-888-545-575, Spanair is at you service in the fastest and most effective way possible. Ticket by mail service delivery is an outsourcing with Federal Express (FEDEX).See link page.
How do you know you can get a $30 ticket? Are they running some promotion that's not apparent on their website? I just did a MADRID->SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA for May, just to test it, and it was $35.54. Seems I can book it right here and now.

You probably have to "REGISTER" with their site first to get that special price - but it looks like you have to register no matter the price just so they have you on file.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13615 - 03/13/03 12:47 PM Re: Intra-Spain flights on Spanair
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
MMMMWAAAH!! That was a big kiss slymongoose!! eek Thanks a lot!! I have been hoping for cheap flights in May when I go and see Bruce Springsteen in Barcelona and up you pop with this news.

Within five minutes of reading it I have booked return flights Malaga - Barcelona for a total of under 86 € including taxes.

One good turn deserves another, so I will try and find out from their 902 number, which is their central de reservas, how you can get tickets sent to the USA, however I'm not sure, but I seem to remember a similar promotion whereby it was only open to people actually in Spain. As for the messenger service to Spain and Germany that seems a little bizarre confused to me, but no doubt there's a logical explanation! laugh

Anyway, thanks again!

#13616 - 03/13/03 05:00 PM Re: Intra-Spain flights on Spanair
slymongoose Offline

Loc: chicago
After calming down a bit, I was able to locate a toll-free # here in the states 1-888-545-5757. Turns out you make the reservation on-line and then call the number to have the tickets sent to you. Madrid-man, sorry I wasn't more exact about the price, it's actually 30 euro with 5 euro taxes. It's still a great deal from what I can tell. laugh And thanks for the kiss, Anchovy Front. I needed that today!

#13617 - 03/13/03 05:13 PM Re: Intra-Spain flights on Spanair
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I'm trying to figure out one way from Madrid to Sevilla. I can't seem to do this...Is there an airport near Sevilla? Does it go by another name?--CC

#13618 - 03/13/03 05:54 PM Re: Intra-Spain flights on Spanair
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Carole Chiaro, you're right! Sevilla isn't listed in the destinations available for Spanair . Hmmm.. odd... Well, maybe NOT so odd afterall.

It seems Iberia Airlines DOES fly Madrid->Sevilla so maybe they have that route locked up just for them(?). Anyway, I checked and it costs 132 Euros one-way and takes one hour. I wonder if the AVE train would be cheaper and probably even faster once you take into account the waiting in line and security and boarding at an airport versus taking the FAST AVE train. Might want to consider this option.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13619 - 03/13/03 06:00 PM Re: Intra-Spain flights on Spanair
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Back to Plan A. Arrive at Barajas from SFO, get tickets for AVE, take taxi to Atocha, take AVE to Sevilla, take taxi to hotel.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2916 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments