Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13277 - 12/18/02 02:07 AM Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Can someone tell me what the address for the bus station in Madrid where I could catch a bus to Granada? Is there a schedule availible online or does anyone happen to know if there's a late bus around midnight on the 26th? And does anyone know how much it costs? Just got an invite this week for a small dinner with one of my favorite singers who's from Granada and it happens to fall on the birthday of my friend in Chile who's loca for her so I kinda want to attend in her place even if it means a 15 hour bus ride from Vigo to Madrid to Granada. I just want to make sure it would be humanly possible with the bus schedules!

Melinda

#13278 - 12/18/02 10:26 AM Re: Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Pablete Offline

You can buy your tickets online
www.continental-auto.es
There you'll find timetables, prices, you can even choose your seat!
Prices: Round trip 23.94€
Adress: Intercambiador de Avenida de America, 1st floor(Avenida de America subway station)
Good Luck

#13279 - 12/18/02 01:58 PM Re: Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
As Pablete said, you can take the bus to Granada at the Intercambiador de Avenida de América but also at the Estación Sur de Autobuses half an hour later.

#13280 - 12/18/02 10:28 PM Re: Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Melinda328 Offline

Thank you both so much!! I can't reserve online because I don't have a Spanish credit card, but the bus I want to catch is still half empty so hopefully it'll remain that way by the time I get to the bus station on Friday!

Melinda

#13281 - 12/19/02 05:38 AM Re: Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Melinda328 writes:
Quote:
... I can't reserve online because I don't have a Spanish credit card, but the bus I want to catch is still half empty so hopefully it'll remain that way by the time I get to the bus station on Friday! ...
The last time I caught a Continental-Auto Motorcoach I called and made a reservation by phone. They gave me a confirmation number. It would 'cancel' two hours prior to departure (i.e., tickets must be purchased by then). We actually got there less than 2-hours before departure and they still honored our reservation. If you have a Tarjeta Telefonica you might want to give them a call from the airport while you're waiting for your baggage to arrive.

Avda de America is very close to Barajas airport: easily reachable by MetroMadrid. There's a fairly decent (and inexpensive) cafeteria / bar / restaurant in Avda de America bus terminal on the same level as the Continental-Auto ticket counter. We had lunch there after buying our tickets.

#13282 - 12/19/02 07:20 AM Re: Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Melinda328 Offline

I'll give them a call in a few minutes and see if I can do it over the phone. Thanks! I don't really want to head over there jetlagged by myself and I won't know if my friend's picking me up or if I'm on my own until I'm there because she's at some TV taping today.

In 12 hours I'll be boarding my plane laugh

Melinda

#13283 - 12/19/02 10:57 AM Re: Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Pablete Offline

Melinda, see you on 28th!, hope you like Bustamante's Concert, He's a crack!
Good flight!

#13284 - 12/19/02 03:07 PM Re: Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Hi Melinda,

I hope it's not too late. What about the following itinerary?:

---
Vigo -> Santiago de Compostela (bus/train)

Santiago de Compostela -> Málaga (plane)
( Spanair.com 39 euros + taxes, subject to availability).

Málaga -> Granada (bus/train)
---

I guess it will be a bit difficult to arrange the timetables. Unfortunately, there are no direct Vigo -> Granada flights (only Vigo -> Madrid / Madrid -> Granada with Iberia but it will cost you about 230 euros one way eek )

PS: By the way, at Spanair call center they told me there are no tickets available for that offer on the 25th,26th,27th,28th. Only for the 24th.

#13285 - 12/19/02 03:30 PM Re: Bus Madrid->Granada: Which station?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

From the Barajas airport you can take the bus Plaza de Colón - Aeropuerto. There is a stop just besides the Avenida de América station. See the itinerary here .

Note that sometimes there are traffic jams on the N-II road. Otherwise, the bus is the most convenient transport.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments