Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12191 - 01/30/02 04:37 PM bus time table for madrid suburbs
chuck Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
i will be renting an apartment in the village of Guadarrama for a week and i want to avoid driving our rental car into madrid --what times do buses normally run to and from Guadarrama to Madrid(its near the Escorial--i think) many thanks

#12192 - 01/31/02 01:37 AM Re: bus time table for madrid suburbs
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Chuck..you will be close to where I live (except that I am on the other side of the mountain). For a point of reference (in case you don´t already know) Guadarrama is on the N-VI (nacional 6) marked by red and white signage. As you get closer to Madrid, the N-VI merges with (or changes into) the A-6 (Autopista 6) otherwise known as la carretera de A Coruña -- marked by blue and white signage. You will see directional highway signs indicating A Coruña (towards A Coruña if traveling home) or Madrid (if traveling towards Madrid).

Transportation to Madrid is available by both train (Cercanías -- wait till you get on the double decker train) as well as buses known as interurbanos (they will be green in color, the urbanos in Madrid are red).

How´s your spanish? For a train schedule check out http://www.renfe.es/empresa/cercanias/cercanias_madrid_horarios.html

For bus info try (it´s in English and Spanish) http://www.ctm-madrid.es

MM you should add the last link onto your transportation section. More and more people (Spaniards) are opting to live out of the city and many English speakers live in the immediate "suburbs" as well. Might be helpful to those looking to "relocate" to Spain!

Saludos!

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Chica ]

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Chica ]

#12193 - 02/07/02 08:14 PM Re: bus time table for madrid suburbs
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Chuck...also check out the following website...
www.autoperiferia.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1606 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments