Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12050 - 01/08/02 09:44 AM Madrid Train to Paris- I know first Hand
the_cure Offline

The Train to Paris Costs 90 Euros each way in tourist-if you are under 26. I rode it last friday. Tourists has four beds per room. It is the cheapest way to go Paris, Because you don't have to pay for a hotel that night. Your trip will depend on your bunk buddies. I got lucky enough to have two illegal arabs both ways, that smoked the whole way. And you don't get to sleep with girls. There are guy and girl rooms, which sucks. Write me if you have any questions?

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#12051 - 01/08/02 10:45 AM Re: Madrid Train to Paris- I know first Hand
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi!
Quote:
The Train to Paris Costs 90 Euros each way in tourist-if you are under 26. I rode it last friday.

Where was your starting point and on what train?
Quote:
I got lucky enough to have two illegal arabs both ways, that smoked the whole way.
And in what way is this lucky? confused

Quote:
And you don't get to sleep with girls. There are guy and girl rooms
Really?? There aren't any private sleeping "cabins" for couples? Even married couples?? Or maybe they have these private cabins in some higher "class" of service?

Sounds like a good deal, depending on your starting point, I suppose. Thanks for the firsthand information. If you could please fill us in on a few more details we'd appreciate it. Thanks! I know many people would like to know about how to go from somewhere in Spain to Paris. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#12052 - 01/08/02 05:31 PM Re: Madrid Train to Paris- I know first Hand
Cristobal Offline

Loc: San Francisco CA USA
Summer of 2000, it cost me 104 dollars from Paris to Madrid(under 26) I lied about my age. I was 32. We were lucky enough to bunk up with 2 Americans that just graduated from Boston College. They were bragging about their drinking prowess. So 12 hours later, and 60 Cruzcampos, we arrived in Madrid. Needless to say, us thirtysomethings drank these guys under the table. Boy! did my head hurt the following morning rolleyes The night train from Barcelona to San Sebastian for the Festival de San Fermin was also another night to remember. Or is that not remember wink

#12053 - 01/08/02 07:39 PM Re: Madrid Train to Paris- I know first Hand
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
On the sleeping arrangements: On the PARIS-MADRID route, I've seen families own the whole cabin, but they bought all of the couchettes [6]. I "slept" with a couple from Georgia (the country, not the state). He was the ambassador to Spain from Georgia...so ours was co-ed...we just weren't interested in the good ambassador's wife... eek

#12054 - 01/09/02 12:24 AM Re: Madrid Train to Paris- I know first Hand
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Take a plane! The Spanish "trenhotel" is awful.They take a normal couchette and "tilt" the berths to make room for a sink and coat hanging area which are worthless. Besides, the Spanish conductors overide all the reservations and cram everyone into full compartments. Any chance you have to get an empty room on a half-full train goes out the window. Less work for them.You can get a plane ticket for MAD-CDG for US$125-US$150

#12055 - 01/09/02 05:12 PM Re: Madrid Train to Paris- I know first Hand
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
My girl & I have taken 3 Tren-Hotels in Spain. 1st time was from Seville to Barcelona & it cost 29,000 psts for 2. This was Preferente in a Pvt Cmpt. It was fine. 2nd trip was from Barcelona to Madrid & it cost 24,000 psts. in Preferente for Pvt.Cmpt. and again was excellent. They supply Water plus a personal kit for teeth, soap & tooth paste. The best trip I took on RENFE was the overnighter from Barcelona to Paris in Nov. Although this was most expensive @28,000 psts PP; it was the best trip of all. We went to sleep in Barcelona & awoke in Paris raring to go. No rides to Airport,no lost time and fresh in the mornig. We always travel this way wherever we travel & find it to be the best. We did the couchette thing from Prague to Budapest & loved it. That overnighter cost all of 36.00 USD. We met lovely people but that ride was a little rockier as we were awoken 4 times for passport checks. To each there own but this works fine for us. Ski wink

#12056 - 01/12/02 09:52 AM Re: Madrid Train to Paris- I know first Hand
the_cure Offline

to reply to Madrid Man. There are three differnt classes. Tourist, preferred, and Grand. The later two you can sleep with a spouse, but they will cost you an arm and a leg. Grand even have personal showers. The train to paris leaves at Chamartin and goes to Paris Austrilz station. It does stop in a few other towns. I am not racist, but these arabs smoked all night in my cabin, which is not permited, but it is Spain. And if you are illegal, you can't sleep because you are so nervous of getting thrown out of the train. It was a bad experiance. But I would not take a plane because if you are on a budget, you can save a hotel room night by taking the train. It costs 90 Euros if you are under 26! And a little cheaper if you get round trip tickets.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2051 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments