Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11078 - 04/25/01 02:27 PM BARCELONA TO COSTA DEL SOL
barcelonajames Offline

Loc: us
Does anybody know details of alternative transportation from barcelona to costa del sol that would be quicker and/or cheaper than driving.

#11079 - 04/26/01 08:34 AM Re: BARCELONA TO COSTA DEL SOL
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
It's about 1,000 kilometres, so I would say that petorl is going to be between 10 and 15.000 Pts, depending on the car and how you drive. See if you can get a flight at the last minute?

#11080 - 04/26/01 09:01 AM Re: BARCELONA TO COSTA DEL SOL
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
The Euromed runs to Alicante in about 4 hours or so. This is a much cheaper option than driving.
http://www.renfe.es/empresa/glineas/glineas_euromed.html

There are also TrenHotels which follow a similar route at night more slowly. From Madrid, there is the Alaris which will get to Valencia in 3 hours.

#11081 - 05/13/01 04:37 PM Re: BARCELONA TO COSTA DEL SOL
jude Offline

I do believe that Alicante is on the Costa Blanca, however I can recommend the Euromed Barcelona to Alicante. We had a fantastic return trip smile I booked over the net using Tiknet on the RENFE site and we were so delighted with the prices (they even give a discount if you travel both ways) that we upgraded to Preferente. Wonderful laugh
By the way Madridman, thanks for the compliment! I love being referred to as a junior when I am in fact a fully fledged member of the Silver Surfer Brigade cool

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2228 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments