Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10241 - 12/26/00 02:22 PM easyjet
mjames8258 Offline

Loc: houston, texas u.s.a.
In March, I have arranged to take an easyjet flight from Madrid to Amsterdam via London Luton. While it is probably not the most convenient way to get to Amsterdam, the roundtrip is quite inexpensive (about $150.00 U.S.). I was more or less wondering if anybody has anything to say about this airline.

#10242 - 03/17/01 07:28 AM Re: easyjet
betjohn Offline

Loc: uk
yes, it's a brill service, it,s cheep and you get what you pay for, a no frills airline.

#10243 - 03/17/01 09:35 AM Re: easyjet
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
It's wonderful

Have a search through this site for easyJet and you will see a few things (positive) that I and maybe one or two others have had to say on them.

Jo-Anne

#10244 - 03/25/01 05:07 AM Re: easyjet
Sponge Cake Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
I'm an airline employee (not Easyjet though) but I have to say I have heard good things about them. Look out for special deals though and booking over the internet is certainly the better option. Don't expect meals, special services, etc - they do the job by getting you there! I work for BMI British Midland who go from Heathrow to Madrid and are worth looking at for special deals WITH the frills (meals, etc) but bear in mind that any Summer deals WON'T come out until after April 1st from the UK with almost any airline.

#10245 - 03/25/01 11:50 AM Re: easyjet
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Sponge Cake

I don't think that 27 is too old for a goalkeeper!!!

The reason I got my easyJet flights for £70 return from Liverpool to Madrid in middle of August, is because I signed up for e-mail notification from them when they put their summer flights on sale (which was 21 December 2000)and I was sad enough to sit infront of the computer at the designated time ready to do business. I had selected our flights and had them booked and confirmed all within 10 minutes.

This is ideal if you know, like we did, exactly when we wanted to go, but for anyone deciding closer to the time when they want to go, it has it's disadvantages - i.e. higher prices and less choice of flight times etc.

Of course, you don't get any of the extras that such as BMI have to offer either. Having said that, on a flight as short as the one to Madrid, it is quite refreshing not to have people moving up and down the isles with trolleys etc, it's quite relaxing and quiet!

Thanks for your input.

By the way, are you able to play your football matches at the moment? My sons' matches have been dogged this season for either foot and mouth problems, waterlogging, or frozen pitches (so many frozen pitches that some games were actually played on them to catch up with a backlog of matches, and the goalies told not to dive! As if!)

Jo-Anne

[This message has been edited by Jo-Anne (edited 03-25-2001).]

#10246 - 03/25/01 04:36 PM Re: easyjet
Sponge Cake Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Hi Jo-Anne,

thanks for that!

you're right, booking last minute where scheduled flights are concerned very rarely bring up the good deals - a popular misconception, but even if you're sad enough to sit in front of a computer scouring for a cheap deal (as I have done many a time!) it could bring you that bargain you've been looking for. I was really impressed with Ryanair when I used them recently at £28 return to Verona!!! (cheaper than it costs me to get to London on the train I reckon!)

btw nope, very few matches recently - we'd be better off taking up water polo

Tim

#10247 - 03/27/01 10:53 AM Re: easyjet
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
As an ex-keeper myself, I wince when I remember those frozen pitches back in Blighty! Anyway, don't know if you've seen this, but follow Rob's thread down and think of a phrase that says something about one man's meat being another man's poison?
http://www.madridman.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000265.html

[This message has been edited by Anchovy Front (edited 03-27-2001).]

#10248 - 04/04/01 10:01 PM Re: easyjet
mjames8258 Offline

Loc: houston, texas u.s.a.
Now that I have returned home, I know all about EasyJet. I know you are dying to know what I thought. smile Well, I suppose any flight that gets one there cant be considered completely bad. This is a really no frills airline. Seats are not assigned and it is first come, first served. I would fly them again, but think I would do a little more complete comparrison before booking. For myself, having a 6 hour layover in field somewhere outside of London was not a good time. Good thing is that the flight was delayed for an hour. In total, I spent 12 hours getting from Amsterdam to Madrid. It was VERY cheap, but think it would possible not be bad to pay some more in order to have a bit better service.

#10249 - 04/23/01 06:45 PM Re: easyjet
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I flew with easyjet from Liverpool to Madrid last month, and will be using them again in June. It is definately worth booking well in advance to get the cheapest fare. There was a delay to my flight due to a collision on the runway and that was a pain in the neck, but the return journey was on time. I think the simple booking system online is the best and will certainly be using them in future.

#10250 - 04/24/01 05:37 AM Re: easyjet
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
GO airlines have apparently pulled out of UK-Madrid, which I think leaves EasyJet as the only "no-frills" carrier serving the route. What mjames probably suffered from is that they don't do through-ticketing on their routes, so if you do a 2-leg journey, you're taking 2 completely separate flights (2 check ins etc).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2323 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments