Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10854 - 03/18/01 09:09 PM Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
I would be interested in hearing feed back on the Spanair service from DC to Madrid. By the way, I got three tickets leaving June 21 returning August 16 for $561 each.

#10855 - 03/25/01 04:48 PM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
Madrileño at heart Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
While in Madrid a couple of weeks ago, I met a lady & her son who had flown Spanair from D.C. to Madrid. She said that the service was no better nor any worse than any other transatlantic coach class service. Sounds like you got a pretty okay fare for the season. Also, since the flight is not that long (only 6 hours or so from D.C., I think) I wouldn't fret too much over the carrier. I hope that you have a wonderful time in Madrid!

#10856 - 03/25/01 06:44 PM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
I also am using this carrier out of DC (evening of 6/23). We are going thru a sports tour group who has repeatedly used Spanair so price & service must be decent or it would hurt their business!

#10857 - 03/26/01 06:56 AM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I have flown Spanair (IAD-MAD) and Iberia (JFK-MAD) and found Spanair's service to be much better. Whenever I fly Spanair trans- Atlantic I ask for (and get) A Spanair roundtrip within Spain (i.e., Madrid-Santiago) at no extra cost.
Spanair is a Private airline (Carlos Bravo group - same as Air Europa) headquartered in Palma de Malorca. Iberia is a Government-run airline so you get some patronage employee Señoritos and Señoritas working as flight attendants, gate agents, etc.

#10858 - 03/29/01 07:17 PM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
thanks for the input guys. I will let you know how my flight goes.

#10859 - 04/02/01 11:41 AM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
Has anyone tried Spanair from BWI(Baltimore); I will have to fly from Boise to BWI the day before then take any flight to Malaga; the website seems to offer BWI as a departure but only error messages come up for my return flight...have tried three times to send email to SPANAIR but the site is having a problem

Southwest has great airfares from the west to BWI; $199 rt

#10860 - 04/02/01 05:35 PM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
karenwishart Offline

I don't think Spanair flies to BWI, just Dullas(IAD). They are less than an hour apart so it may be worth checking on a land shuttle between them. I fly Southwest out of BWI all the time for domestic flights and have great luck. They rarely overbook and have a great record for ontime flights. Keep watching you may even come up w/an even better price if you have time to wait for a special.

[This message has been edited by karenwishart (edited 04-02-2001).]

#10861 - 04/06/01 07:25 PM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
shadol Offline

Loc: baltimore, maryland, usa
i just found and booked yesterday, washington dc to madrid on spanair for $461 USD TOTAL!! on expedia.com.
good luck

#10862 - 04/11/01 12:00 PM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
rkennedy17 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Just returned from Spain & flew on Spanair, from Washington-Dulles to/from Madrid. I agree with the above posts -- it is much better than Iberia. We used frequent flier miles (they are a United partner), so I can't vouch for the prices. The service was good, the food was above average (we flew coach), and the wine was pretty good too (try the Bodegas Beronia Rioja) laugh

Furthermore, the aircraft was new, the movies were good (Billy Elloit & Charlie's Angels), and both flights arrived on time!

I would certainly fly with them again!

Rob

#10863 - 04/11/01 12:25 PM Re: Spanair (Wash. DC to Madrid)
karenwishart Offline

Thanks! We love to hear good reports (i.e. uneventful flights)when they happen!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2713 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments