Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10832 - 03/13/01 02:17 PM madrid to granada
liatris Offline

Loc: Glenoma WA USA
Su ayuda, por favor! My Spanish kids (class) is getting ready for our visit to Spain. Some things they were able to figure out on the internet, like the Renfe schedules. They decided to take the mid-day train from Madrid to Granada, so I made hostal reservations accordingly. This is where I didn't check the fine print. We arrive on Saturday, and have reservations in Granada for that night BUT Saturday is the only day that train doesn't run. I found where the bus terminal is, and Let's Go says that buses run frequently to the south. Anybody know about this? Are we going to be in a bind? Our flight arrives around 10:30 am, we need to be in Granada in the evening....
Your advice and help would be really appreciated.
Gracias.
Liatris

#10833 - 03/13/01 03:28 PM Re: madrid to granada
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I recommend the bus to Granada. I find that the bus is usually a faster and easier way to get around in the south - with the exception of the Ave. The busses leave at least one every hour, and leave from the various stations in Madrid. From the airport in Madrid (Barajas) you can even take the Metro to one of the main bus stations. I don't know the exact stop, but you could ask at the airport. Find the Alsna Graels web site and I'm sure they will have the schedule and advance purchase info you will need. (missmadrid98 has a link on her web site I think)

Good luck and have fun!!!

#10834 - 03/14/01 07:27 AM Re: madrid to granada
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Buses to Granada leave from Madrid's Estacion Sur (de Autobuses) all day. You should have no trouble getting on one. I think these days more than one company does the route.

#10835 - 03/14/01 10:52 AM Re: madrid to granada
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi Liatris,
How many people are in your group? If you are a large group, you could maybe hire a coach for your door to door transportation from Madrid Airport to Granada.
Best regards.

------------------
Juan
Airport shuttle, limo and coach services in Spain.
http://www.aerocity.com

#10836 - 03/14/01 04:37 PM Re: madrid to granada
liatris Offline

Loc: Glenoma WA USA
Thanks, everyone. Juan, we are a pretty small group - 7 personas. We also will be going from Granada to Almunecar. In previous years, I've arranged for private transportation for this part of the trip, but this year I'll work with public transportation, because I think it would be too expensive if I divide the cost between 7 persons.
As you can see, this trip is NOT part of one of the pre-arranged travel groups. It's a do-it-yourself adventure! and we DO have fun!
hasta pronto
Liatris

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1612 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments