Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10450 - 01/24/01 06:18 PM Lisbon to Sevilla?
hawhite Offline

What's the best way to get from Lisbon to Sevilla? Looks like there isn't a train route.

#10451 - 01/25/01 05:57 AM Re: Lisbon to Sevilla?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Viajes Julia / Eurolines bus: Lisboa-Malaga via Sevilla, Cadiz, Algeciras. Departs Lisboa main bus terminal 07:00 on a 9.5 hr. trip to Sevilla's Plaza de Armas - only runs 3-days a week during the 'off season.'

Try to find info using Eurolines+Portugal

To address Caminante's (1-25-2001) comments: I took the Sevilla-Lisboa bus in '98. Aside from a 1-hour lunch stop in the middle of nowhere, it didn't make many stops: once, at the Spain-Portugal border, and in Badajoz, I believe. There was no change of Bus!

As we approached Lisboa (21:30) from Setubal I told my fellow passengers to look for the Cristo Rei statue at the south end of the 25 of April Bridge and then to look to the left toward Belém for some spectacular views as we crossed the bridge.

Yes, the very long bus trip 'sucks,' but we have to make the best of what we've got. If you can, take some snacks & drinks with you.

[This message has been edited by Eddie (edited 01-26-2001).]

#10452 - 01/25/01 01:48 PM Re: Lisbon to Sevilla?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
If nothing's changed recently, transportation sucks between Lisbon and Sevilla. I took the bus ride in 1994, and it took forever because it stopped in every single town between Sevilla and the border, we had to get another bus at the border, and then stopped in every single town between the border and Lisbon. It would probably be a 4-5 hour drive, tops, if done without stopping in every town. It's frustrating to see <----- Lisboa 53 and be headed the opposite direction to stop in some town or another.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2673 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments