Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9723 - 09/11/00 08:24 AM Aerocity service (Madrid)
SQ Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions about Aerocity: am I right in my understanding that they pick you up at the airport and drop you at your designated hotel, or this there some central drop off point? Also, can you book them on arrival at Madrid airport? I'm coming from Australia and its possible that there'll be a delay somewhere between Oz and Madrid (only 22 hours flight!)so I may not arrive when I'm supposed to.
By the way, MadridMan, this is a terrific site. I've just read the details of your party - the 11th is my birthday! Would have been a great way to celebrate, except I've only got 4 days in Madrid and I leave on the 6th - bummer!
Thanks in advance for help with my questions.

#9724 - 09/11/00 02:05 PM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi SQ!
Yes we will drop you right at your hotel´s door. You may choose between our standard shared service with a maximum 3 stops guaranteed (cheaper) or our "Express" service direct to your destination (aprox 5.500 ptas) and only for you.
If you are late, do not worry! Just call us toll free from the airport and we will send you another vehicle to pick you up as soon as possible.
Please find more info at www.aerocity.com
Best regards.

#9725 - 09/11/00 06:33 PM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
I live in central Madrid and everytime I go to the airport, I take a taxi. The taxi ripp-offs have been exagerated. I'm not saying that it never happens but it's not the norm. I usually pay about 2500-3000 pesetas from the airport to central Madrid (with light or medium traffic) so the 5500 pesetas Aerocity charges is too much.

#9726 - 09/12/00 04:35 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
Mark Offline

Their Express service costs 1,700 pesetas.
This is VERY reasonable. And taxi rip-offs DO occur. So, if you want to be sure you're paying the right price, the Aerocity Express service is a good option.
Mark.

#9727 - 09/12/00 07:19 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It probably goes without saying, but the 1,700 pesetas is per person and they say they have a maximum of 3 stops to drop off other passengers so you're likely to share the van-ride to the "Madrid Centro; Interior M30; Hoteles." But hey! for 1,700 pesetas?! That's cheap for private transportation!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9728 - 09/12/00 08:10 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
Madridman, I hate to contradict you (as everything here is so informative and useful) but I don't think the 1700 or 1900 ptas is per person. If you look at their price list it goes up acccording to how many people are in the party - if you see what I mean. 1900 must be for 2. Maybe you know this and I've just misread you though - sorry if I have!

But while we're on the subject, anyone ever booked carhire (without driver) with aerocity?

[This message has been edited by Sarah (edited 09-12-2000).]

#9729 - 09/12/00 08:36 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi Sarah! Contradiction is goooood. hehehee.. After reading my above statement I don't think I worded it well. Yes, I believe the AeroCity price is 1,700 pesetas for one person, if you are alone, but if there are 3 persons in the van and they're not together they all pay 1,700 each. But yes, if there are 2-persons in your party then you pay 1,900 total for those two people and/or if there are 3-persons the total cost is 2,500 pesetas.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9730 - 09/12/00 09:57 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
OK - we agree then!

So about the carhire - have you ever heard any feedback?

#9731 - 09/12/00 10:09 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi everybody!
I think we have not been clear while explaining our rate system.
Sorry about that and lets clarify it as follows:
Our rates are per group of people on a certain reservation with same pick up point or destination. As more people is on a reservation, the price per person gets lower.
Let me describe our full price range for "Madrid Centro, Hoteles".

1 person pays 1.700 pesetas
2 people pays 1.900 pesetas (per both)
3 people pays 2.500 pesetas (per all group)
4 people pays 3.000 pesetas (per all group)
5 people pays 4.500 pesetas (per all group)
6 people pays 5.000 pesetas (per all group)
7 people pays 5.500 pesetas (per all group)

The above prices are for AeroCity regular shared service, which means that customers could have to share their van with other customers travelling with the same direction, guaranteeing no more than 3 stops before reaching destination.
However, there is an alternative for those clients that do not want to share the vehicle with other people and make stops before their destination. This alternative to regular shared service is called "Express Service" which is direct to destination and non shared. Express service has the same rate (5.500 pesetas) as if the clients were 7 people, which is the full capacity of the van.

Therefore, our regular shared service is cheaper than regular taxi rates, even if we do not consider rip-offs.
On the other hand, express service can be more expensive than taxis, depending upon the number of passengers travelling. If the group is larger than 3, it would be necessary to take 2 taxis, so our express service would be again competitive.
I do not want to extend this explanation longer, so if anyone has doubts about our rates, please contact us in info@aerocity.com

Thank you for your attention and best regards to everybody.

#9732 - 09/12/00 10:29 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

So there you have it! And also, while not likely (I suspect), it's possible that you could get the "express service" if no others were waiting for transportation... or maybe they wait until more people come.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1568 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments