Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9750 - 09/12/00 02:43 AM barca to leon or roncevalles
Eva12 Offline

Loc: LaConner, Wa, USA
I am planning on walking the Camino de santiago from either leon or roncevalles in a few weeks. however my flight is to barcelona. what is the best way to get to either roncevalles or leon? thanks for your advice

#9751 - 09/12/00 01:21 PM Re: barca to leon or roncevalles
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Eva12! I just checked the Alsa Bus website and you can catch a bus from Barcelona to Leon (but not to Roncevalles). Round Trip = 7575 pesetas and On-Way = 4210 pesetas. Seems they have busses everyday, but only a few busses going on certain days and the trip takes 10.5 hours!!! ARGH!! My goodness! One bus, leaving Barcelona everyday, is a night-bus and leaves at 8:45pm and arrives the next morning at 7am -- might be the one to try so you could at least sleep (in the dark) during the trip.

Please, if you make this trip by bus (or whatever form, return to this/your thread and let us know how you went. We'd all love to know and it can only help a future traveller in the same situation. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9752 - 09/12/00 01:41 PM Re: barca to leon or roncevalles
Brian Goldthorp Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If Eva12 is walking the Camino, 10.5 hours on a bus will be no great hardship!

If you can find a copy of "Travellers' Tales: Spain," there is at least one amazing story of one man's (mis)adventures on the Camino. Good luck and best wishes - you have my admiration!!!

[This message has been edited by Brian Goldthorp (edited 09-12-2000).]

#9753 - 09/12/00 02:14 PM Re: barca to leon or roncevalles
Eva12 Offline

Loc: LaConner, Wa, USA
thanks for the info. do you think it would be easier from Madrid? I'm having a hard time decided which city to fly into. I wanted to check out the festival de merce in Barcelona but is this festivall all that? especially if accomodations are hard to come by?

thanks for any info

#9754 - 09/12/00 07:13 PM Re: barca to leon or roncevalles
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Eva12,

It could be easier to go to León / Roscenvalles from Madrid since they are nearer than Barcelona.

Although Iberia has direct flight from Barcelona to León, they are quite expensive, and taking a 10 hours trip can be very exhausting just before you start the Camino de Santiago.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9755 - 09/13/00 10:43 AM Re: barca to leon or roncevalles
Brian Goldthorp Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eva12 - There is some information on the Merce in the Hostels section in a string called "Barcelona: Fiesta de la Merce." You can also do a search to see if there is anything else.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments