Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88875 - 01/09/11 06:05 AM Madrid: Nuevos Ministerios Metro station - taxis?
OurManInBananas Offline

Hi,

If I get the metro from the airport to Nuevos Ministerios with my heavy suitcase is it easy (i.e. a lift) to get from the platform to the street level?

Is it easy to get a taxi around 9PM on a Sunday night there?

on the other hand it's 9 euro for the metro ticket and 10 euros from NV station to my hostel near Anton Martin so maybe I should just pay the 30 euro from the airport!

thanks
Philip

Edited by MadridMan (01/09/11 04:53 PM)
Edit Reason: To include the city name in the subject line.

#88876 - 01/09/11 10:29 AM Re:Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: OurManInBananas]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you spoke wisely if have doubts take the taxi from airport. i never with heavy luggage so do take the metro.

#88877 - 01/09/11 12:32 PM Re:Madrid: Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: pedmar]
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
9 euros for the metro ticket?. A single ticket from the airport is just 2 euros.

Check out also Aerocity service, which most of the times is cheaper than a standard taxi.

#88878 - 01/09/11 12:34 PM Re: Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: Antonio]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Second Antonio's comments - Aerocity is easier than metro and cheaper than a taxi

#88879 - 01/09/11 01:02 PM Re: Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: Puna]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
to go Antón martín, I would take the bus exprés airport 2€ to Atocha, there would take Metro line 1 Blue 1€, one station to Antón martín, or a taxi from Atocha, but is very near, and the driver will put this face angry

#88883 - 01/10/11 04:58 AM Re: Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Bear in mind , as I found out , that if you take a taxi from outside Atocha railway station you will have to pay a supplement . Maybe better to walk up to the main street and hail a cab , though if you have a suitcase they may still charge the supplement .
From the airport the supplement is about €5.20 . It will not show up on the meter so the taxi driver will just do the arithmetic himself . It´s clearly marked in the car that there is an extra charge .
For me i´d definitely recommend the taxi , with a heavy suitcase , though I´ve yet to try the new express bus service .

#88884 - 01/10/11 12:14 PM Re: Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
At Nuevos Ministerios there are lifts all the way up to street level, though you may have to walk a bit between lifts. You will have no problem getting a taxi passing on the street, its still very busy at that time

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1585 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments