Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88403 - 10/14/10 01:05 PM Stay in cordoba before flying from Madrid Barajas?
enzian Offline

I just found this forum and it looks like a great resource for our trip to Spain. We're going in May, 2011.

Is it reasonable to stay overnight in Cordoba the night before flying out of Madrid? Our flight is at 2:15 pm, going to Heathrow, and we'll have no checked luggage. It looks like the AVE train takes 1:45 to Atocha, with departures around 8 am and 9 am from Cordoba. We would arrive Atocha at either 9:55 or 10:45, assuming the trains run on the same schedule as now, and on time. We can go from Atocha to the airport by the new express bus, or taxi if necessary.

We have been to Madrid before, and would like the extra night in Cordoba. But I don't want to plan this if the connections are risky. Will this be a fairly easy and routine trip?

I appreciate the help of experienced travelers in this area.

#88404 - 10/14/10 05:15 PM Re: Stay in cordoba before flying from Madrid Barajas? [Re: enzian]
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I've done this twice before - arriving on trains from Malaga or Sevilla and taking an afternoon flight. I'd take the train arriving at 9:55 just to be safe but I'd feel comfortable with this plan.

#88407 - 10/15/10 07:45 AM Re: Stay in cordoba before flying from Madrid Barajas? [Re: enzian]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Originally Posted By enzian
... this forum ... looks like a great resource for our trip to Spain. We're going in May, 2011.

Is it reasonable to stay overnight in Cordoba the night before flying out of Madrid? ...
Yes, as long as you don't get 'caught up' in the Feria de los Balcones (Cordoba) or the Feria de San Isidro (Madrid).

#88410 - 10/15/10 02:28 PM Re: Stay in cordoba before flying from Madrid Barajas? [Re: Eddie]
enzian Offline

Thanks! I believe our stay in Cordoba will concide with the Cordoba Feria (patios and balconies) and we will arrive there a day earlier to enjoy that one. I was not aware of the Feria de San Isidro in Madrid so will have to read up on that. Looks like it is centered on bullfighting and the corridas?

By "caught up" do you mean get caught in traffic? does it get really snarled up as early as mid-day?

Our travel day from Cordoba to Madrid for our flight would be Monday, May 9. From what I can find on the web, it looks like the Feria de San Isidro began on Saturday, May 15 this year (2010). So perhaps we will miss it?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1672 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments