Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12270 - 10/09/07 05:42 PM Madrid: Barajas to Centro?
biskraboy Offline

Loc: los angeles
I'm leaving for Madrid on the 22 of November and am VERY excited. I've chosen hostals for my entire trip thru madrid man's site and will give a review upon my return. Since the dollar is doing so poorly I'm trying to cut some expenses since I'll be gone for a month. I don't want to take the subway into the city from Barajas cause then I miss the initial thrill of entering a new city. Does it make sense to take the bus to Ave. America and then a cab to the hostal on Gran Via? What would the difference be if I took a cab directly from the airport? There will be 2 of us (one wallet!) and we will have several pieces of luggage.
thanks,
Robert

#12271 - 10/13/07 09:46 AM Re: Madrid: Barajas to Centro?
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Hmmm

#12272 - 10/13/07 09:51 AM Re: Madrid: Barajas to Centro?
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Sorry about my previous response. Not intended.

Several pieces of luggage is problem to take the bus Barajas to Las Americas but not impossible. Are you taking a taxi from Las Americas to Gran Via? Metro will not be doable.

Your best bet may be the AeroCity shuttle, you will see the city and avoid the hassle of the commute.

#12273 - 10/14/07 09:36 AM Re: Madrid: Barajas to Centro?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
'Las Americas?' Do you mean '¿Avenida de America?' There's nothing between Madrid's aeropuerto de Barajas and the Avda, de America multimodal transportation Center other than Autopista de Barajas, a limited access expressway.

If biskraboy takes the Metro, he should continue on linea 8 to Nuevos Ministerios and then take a taxi to his destination (or, I believe he may be within walking distance to hostal Adriano).

#12274 - 10/14/07 10:12 AM Re: Madrid: Barajas to Centro?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
arriving in T4 lower level take the bus 201 towards ave America,bus station, there you can take a bus to destination, metro or taxi

from terminals T1,2,3 take bus 200 to ave America bus station.
hope it helps, nice way to enter the city ,better than trains and cheaper than taxis.

#12275 - 10/15/07 04:58 PM Re: Madrid: Barajas to Centro?
biskraboy Offline

Loc: los angeles
thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to try bus to Ave. de America and then taxi to hostal on Gran Via - I'll let you all know now it works out.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1585 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments