Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#17362 - 08/18/07 09:59 PM Barcelona airport to Estacio de Sants
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I'll be arriving on a flight from LAX (with a transfer in Paris) to Barceona around 5:30 pm. From the airport I plan to take a train out of Estacio de Sants to Girona.

How long does it generally take to clear customs and get baggage at the BCN airport?

What would be the best means of getting to Estacio de Sants? I've taken the Aero Bus service before to Placa de Catalunya but am unsure if it stops at Estacio de Sants? Does the Barcelona commuter rail go from the airport to Estacio de Sants? If so, would it mean negotiating up stairs and be a long distance walk? I'll have a large suitcase and carry on in addition to being jetlagged so I won't be in the mood to deal with stairs and a 50 pound suitcase! :o

If all else fails and I take a taxi, how much could I expect to pay for fare?

I'm also considering taking a bus to Girona out of Estacio del Nord. It appears the best option in my situation if I take the bus to Girona would be to take a taxi. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help. laugh

#17363 - 08/20/07 08:37 AM Re: Barcelona airport to Estacio de Sants
hombre Offline

Loc: Norway
My experience: if you land 5.30, you should be able to catch the airport train one hour later (depart every half hour, 5.59-6.29-6.59 etc).The train will take you to Sants in about 20 minutes.

I`ve been changing trains for Girona a few times, with heavy luggage and small children, at the Sants station, and it was not too bad.

If you prefer taking the bus to Girona, I recommend that you take a taxi from the airport directly to the bus station.
Have a nice trip!

#17364 - 08/20/07 07:44 PM Re: Barcelona airport to Estacio de Sants
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
hombre-

Thanks for your response! It sounds like it's not difficult from the airport to the train station, particularly if you can do it towing children along. laugh

The connections to Girona are better by train anyways so I'll go this route.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1965 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments