Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16622 - 04/17/06 03:48 PM Staying in Mijas Costa May 6th through the 10th. Do we need to rent a car?
Suzanne from Arizona Offline

Loc: Arizona
My mother and I will be staying in Mijas Costa. It appears I should rent a car but neither of us speak or read Spanish. I have never driven overseas but my mother is not able to walk very far. We would like to take guided tours. I am so confused. I appreciate all advice.
Suzanne from Arizona

#16623 - 04/17/06 04:19 PM Re: Staying in Mijas Costa May 6th through the 10th. Do we need to rent a car?
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Suzanne from Arizona
Whether or not to rent a car will depend on several factors. Mijas Costa covers a large area. If you are on the coast, then there is a frequent bus service between Malaga - Fuengirola and Marbella. If on the other hand you find that you are staying inland, then a hire car or taxis might be the best bet. It also depends what you want to do in terms of sightseeing.
If you can give more details, then this might help get an answer to ypur question.
RR

#16624 - 04/17/06 06:27 PM Re: Staying in Mijas Costa May 6th through the 10th. Do we need to rent a car?
Suzanne from Arizona Offline

Loc: Arizona
We are staying at The Torrenueva Park
Ctra. de Cádiz, Km 200
29650 Mijas-Costa (Málaga)
SPAIN.

We will need to get from the Malaga airport to our hotel and then return to the Malaga airport. Since neither of us speak Spanish I think guided tours would be the best instead of going on our own. We would use the car or taxi to get to The Torrenueva Park and back. As I said, my mother cant walk long distances or use stairs. I dont know about parking or the availabilty of taxi's. I appreciate your response. Thanks again.

#16625 - 04/18/06 01:22 AM Re: Staying in Mijas Costa May 6th through the 10th. Do we need to rent a car?
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I would suggest that you:
1. Take a taxi from the airport to your hotel/apartment
2. Once there, you should find information on organised bus trips/tours to a variety of destinations.
3. You use the local bus service or taxis to get to the nearest main town (looks like Marbella to me).
4. If you find that you need to hire a car then you will be able to find details at your resort.
Hope this helps
RR

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1719 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments