Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16568 - 03/23/06 06:32 AM Madrid to Almeria
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
Has anyone driven Madrid to Almeria and do you know how long it takes? Is it an easy drive or will I get lost on lots of little roads as I am prone to do?

Anyone need a ride next weekend?

#16569 - 03/23/06 11:28 AM Re: Madrid to Almeria
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
It takes about 7 hours long and you can choose between an all-highway route (a bit longer), or a mostly-highway-plus-a-bit-of-regular-road one (a bit shorter in distance).

From Madrid take highway A4. At Bailen (km. 300 approx.), take highway A44 Jaen/Granada-bound. Near Iznalloz (km. 400 approx.) comes your choice: you can either follow on A44 until Albolote, where you take A92 to Almeria, or take national road A340 to the surroundings of Guadix, where you get into A92 to Almeria. The difference in kilometers between the two options is 65 vs 43.

#16570 - 03/23/06 09:44 PM Re: Madrid to Almeria
CascadaDuSel Offline

thanks so much - great directions

#16571 - 03/24/06 02:32 AM Re: Madrid to Almeria
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
You're welcome. I forgot to mention that in my time estimation, I included a couple of coffee breaks, or a lunch stop. The total distance is about 560 kms., so net driving time should be about 5.5 hours more or less. I know others can, but I cannot drive, say, more than 250 kms. or 2.5 hours without a stop.

#16572 - 03/24/06 06:55 AM Re: Madrid to Almeria
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
i live in almeria and do the journey regularly to madrid and it usually take about 5 hours some times a little less but it does depend on traffic. Will you be coming from the airport? we find it quicker and easier to go albacete and murica road. It is all motor way and very well sign posted. where in almeria do you need to get to and i can help with better direction if you need them!

#16573 - 03/24/06 09:09 AM Re: Madrid to Almeria
CascadaDuSel Offline

I will be driving to Berja actually - 5 hours sounds not so bad - I was thinking of flying as flights are so cheap but I thought it might be a fun drive actually.

I would prefer a main highway route as I am less likely to get lost :-) I hope anyway

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments