MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16198 - 10/12/05 09:20 AM Alsa company bought by UK company
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
bbc news

It looks as though National Express are going to buy Alsa (although some reports describe it as a merger)

I hope this will not worsen the Spanish service. I've always been impressed by the spanish bus network. The buses are generally cleaner and more comfortable than their British counterparts. Nearly always you get music channels and a film to watch on the longer journeys too.

One thing Nat Express may introduce is the cheap ticket in the Jan-March season. In the UK they often advertise "go anywhere for £12" at this time, which is very cheap for the UK.

#16199 - 10/12/05 05:24 PM Re: Alsa company bought by UK company
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Alsa is one of the most expensive bus companies in Spain. I hope it doesn't get worse...

A few years ago Alsa bought Enatcar. Customers complaint about the new buses doing the Madrid - Barcelona route. According to them, the new buses were worse than the old ones and much more expensive.

#16200 - 10/12/05 05:37 PM Re: Alsa company bought by UK company
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Filbert and Antonio

Don't forget that National Express run those amazingly cheap FUN FARES , where you can get fares for as little as £1 each way, as well as the other special deals that Filbert mentioned.

Maybe this will be the start of something similar in Spain? That would be great.

I'll watch this with interest.

Jo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2424 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments