Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16086 - 09/17/05 07:49 PM Madrid to Segovia
coco Offline

What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Segovia - bus or train? thanks

#16087 - 09/17/05 10:10 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
I like the train because the trip is scenic, I don't often travel by train in the US and we stopped at some interesting towns along the way. I imagine however, that the bus is probably faster. You will need to catch a bus or Taxi from the train station in Segovia to the center of town. It's a pretty good hike on foot. Have fun, we loved Segovia

#16088 - 09/18/05 06:31 AM Re: Madrid to Segovia
YZYZ Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'd say train. There may be a few stops but it will still be quicker and will avoid any traffic slowdowns along the way.

#16089 - 09/18/05 04:21 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Well, I had a friend at the university. He was from Segovia and he always took the bus from Madrid to Segovia. It's faster and there are more buses than trains. If I'm not mistaken there is one every 30 minutes.

#16090 - 09/18/05 06:50 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia
misspom Offline

Loc: new york
We took a train from Atocha, it was a 2 hour ride, very smooth and scenic. I believe it was 9 euros for a round trip. The schedule was a bit limiting, since the train left for Segovia every 2 hours(and the same coming back) but it gave us time to plan the day in Segovia and the time of return. It's a lovely town, with the great aqueduct and beautiful streets, and of course The Alcazar fortress. You get the great view of the city from the top of the tower so bring comfy shoes for stairclimbing!

#16091 - 09/19/05 04:42 AM Re: Madrid to Segovia
Chica Offline
Executive Member

I'd recommend the bus for a couple of reasons (and I've made the trip several times, bus/car/train).

1. The bus leaves you in the center where the main sites are that you will want to see. The train station is a bit out of the city and as someone suggested, you will either have to catch a cab or have quite a hike in front of you.

2. The bus doesn't take so long anymore (a little more than an hour) since the new highway has opened (a little over a year ago) and is a smooth direct route from Madrid.

#16092 - 09/19/05 03:11 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia
JasMadrid Offline

It is true that the train goes along a nice scenic route, but it's a 2 hour long ride for just barely 90 km. Take the bus, as some others suggested, and you will save a lot of time. Or come back in 3 years, when the high speed train to Segovia opens, and the trip will take 25 minutes.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1763 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments