Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15332 - 01/28/05 02:31 PM Traveling question
James1 Offline

Loc: maryland
I will be going to Spain to in May to visit family. I will have 6 family members with me, all adults with exception of my 15 month old son. We are flying into Madrid. Plan to spend about a week there and then travel to cadiz to visit more family. Does anyone know any good car rentals agencies I could use.( Need Mini-van) or should we travel by train? Any help would be appreciated thanks. James

#15333 - 01/28/05 05:00 PM Re: Traveling question
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Most international rental agencies are well represented in Spain,

Avis ( www.avis.es ),hertz,National/Atesa ( www.atesa.es ). For the pages in english look for "ingles" .

Keep in mind that by default, rental cars will have manual gearboxes. All companies will have automatic options but they will be limited though.

#15334 - 01/28/05 05:33 PM Re: Traveling question
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I am having a hard time reading the car rental pages. We would like to see if we can pick up a car in Salamanca in April, return it about a week later. We would rather return it to Segovia or Madrid airport. Can anyone tell me how confusing it might be to drop it in Madrid? Or,
are we going to have to go back to Salamanca? I
can't tell if there are extra charges for drop off at a different location. From what I've gathered, it's going to cost over $450. am I reading it right?

#15335 - 01/28/05 06:46 PM Re: Traveling question
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
Give Carjet a try. There web site is easy to navigate and their rates were the best I could find last year. www.carjet.com Good luck

#15336 - 01/28/05 09:59 PM Re: Traveling question
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Thank you so much, Carjet looks great! easy to figure out & book! good prices too.

#15337 - 01/28/05 10:02 PM Re: Traveling question
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I, too, would like to recommend carjet for the same reasons. I picked up a car from them (actually, they brought it to me - a man was waiting for me when our flight came in) and dropped it off in another location. Everything was arranged very easily via their website, they were understanding when I was having computer difficulties (I was traveling and relying on cyber cafes), and their price was the best I could find. Oh, and the car they gave me was an upgrade with no change in price. The only thing that worried me was the great number of nicks and scratches on the car, but the form they handed me was covered with little x marks at the locations of the damages, and I wasn't charged for any afterwards.

#15338 - 01/29/05 06:00 AM Re: Traveling question
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Like Easter and Semana Santa, Pentecost Sunday is early this year (15 May). That's also the weekend of the Feria del Campo and the Romeria a la Virgen del Rocio which terminates at el Santuario near Almonte (on the west border of la Donana less than an hour's drive from Sevilla). cool

If you're in the area you should try to see some of it. It's very impressive! At least, watch the coverage on TVE. rolleyes

When I was there two years ago, people reported about a million participants (the Guardia estimated 600,000. eek

#15339 - 01/29/05 06:04 PM Re: Traveling question
James1 Offline

Loc: maryland
thanks for all suggestions

#15340 - 02/01/05 11:50 PM Re: Traveling question
tam12 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
James1,
Sorry I'm late getting in to reply. When I was a travel agent 2 companies we used a lot for Europe car rentals were Auto Europe and Kemwel. I believe both can be googled for websites and if nothing else would be good places to do some price comparisons. They were both usually better than Avis, Hertz, etc.
Hope this is of assistance.
tam12

#15341 - 02/04/05 08:26 PM Re: Traveling question
stephb Offline

Loc: USA (NC)
James1,
This may be of some help if you are still looking for van rental - I have been in the process of trying to find a reasonably priced van for my family of six in March. I am waiting on a firm quote from Argus Car Rentals (www.arguscarrentals.com) but their quote estimate was quite a good bit less than the quotes I have gotten from others such as Carjet and AutoEurope. I haven't been able to find out much about them pro or con but for the difference in price I may just go for it!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2065 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments