Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14955 - 08/28/04 07:42 PM Night Train Barcelona to Granada
Nata Offline

Loc: MN
Hi everybody,
new on this forum. having problem to reserve tickets on anight train from barcelona to granada. renfe site http://www.renfe.es/index.html shows a day and a night trains but website's output on my request provides for day train only with no comments on night one. what may be wrong? options?

#14956 - 09/01/04 05:30 PM Re: Night Train Barcelona to Granada
Chicago Jake Offline

Loc: Chicago, USA
I've had lots of trouble with that website. For one thing, it doesn't make much sense. (Maybe it's just the English version that is confusing.) For another, you have to wait until you are in the month of travel or one prior (in other words, as of now you can book September or October travel but not November travel).

You might look into flying instead - Iberia is good and not much more expensive than train travel; maybe even cheaper. And it saves you a lot of time. AND they have a very good and easy to navigate website. Good luck!.....Jake

#14957 - 09/01/04 06:28 PM Re: Night Train Barcelona to Granada
Mar Offline

Loc: chicago/bcn
I agree with Jake, I would fly too. However, if you decide that you'd rather take the train there, it's usually cheaper to just buy them in once you're in Spain rather than on-line.

#14958 - 10/08/04 02:23 PM Re: Night Train Barcelona to Granada
Tullie Offline

Loc: Almachar, Malaga
I used the same website in May wanting to buy a night train ticket from Barcelona to Oviedo,but couldn't so I rang customer services. It is not possible. You have to buy the tickets for the train during the night at the station of departure or any mainline station. Daft isn't it?

#14959 - 10/28/04 03:10 PM Re: Night Train Barcelona to Granada
tobbria Offline

Loc: chicago
Flying from malaga- barcelona is cheaper spanair
38ER one way check spanair. I am flying fr bcn-mlg on nov 20th 04 38ER. Malaga by bus from granada is only 129KM. OR Night train from cardoba
TALGO 23.21pm Bcn 08.45Am.

#14960 - 10/28/04 03:17 PM Re: Night Train Barcelona to Granada
tobbria Offline

Loc: chicago
Sorry i did granada-bcn train. I think u can fly from barcelona to malaga and take bus or train to granada is fast and cheap.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1420 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments