Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14847 - 06/22/04 04:32 PM Bus or train from Ronda to Jaen
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
Does anyone know about public transportation from Ronda to Jaen? We have reservations at Paradors in these two locations, but I can't find any schedules of buses or trains between these two places. Will we have to return to Jerez or Sevilla to get a train to Jaen? We are going to Spain in late September. Thanks for your help.

#14848 - 06/23/04 06:52 AM Re: Bus or train from Ronda to Jaen
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Train:

Available, but connecting at Cordoba. In RENFE Website, one has to choose an exact date to see a non-direct route, so I chose 9/27 as an example. It gave me:
Ronda 4:35p - Cordoba 6:58p on an Altaria train.
Cordoba 8:12p - Jaen 9:49p on an Andalucia Express.
See the result at http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/hjhir050.js...=s&PGM=hir2 and modify the parameters MF (month) and DF (day) in the URL to suit your date needs.

Bus:

According to http://www.turismoderonda.es/ there are not direct bus routes to Jaen, but to Malaga and Sevilla, apart of many other small villages where I don't know their buses schedules. From both big cities there are buses to Jaen. I would choose Malaga as the connection point.

But your best bet is to ask directly to the staff at Paradores, considering that you already have a reservation and that it is part of their service, to inform about touristic-related issues.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2741 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments