Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14802 - 05/31/04 12:00 PM 10 ticket metro pass
Gluhwein Offline

Loc: Mt. Pocono, PA USA
I will be traveling in Madrid with a group of 4. Does anyone know if we can travel together using ONE 10 ticket metro pass (1O Viajes Metrobús - 5,35 €)? In other words, if all 4 of us want to ride out to the airport, can we do it on one pass. Having used Washington's Metro I know that on that system you can only use one ride at a time. Once you run the ticket through the turnstile, you have to wait until you exit again until someone else can use it to enter. Does this make sense....?

#14803 - 05/31/04 01:32 PM Re: 10 ticket metro pass
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
Yes you can. I have been sharing a 10 ride metro pass all week with several people. I don´t think it´s an issue, I saw other people doing it right in front of Metro employees and they did not stop them either.

Just go through and hand it to the next!
Diana

#14804 - 05/31/04 07:28 PM Re: 10 ticket metro pass
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Sharing is simple. You just keep running it through the machine until you are all through. It is common practice for a family or others to share. We try to buy a nes one before we run out to avoid having to wait in line to buy the new one. Usually there is no line, but some places can get VERY crowded. The airport is a place where you might have to wait in line.

Last trip I had to update my old card because there had been a rate increase since it was purchased, but I only had to pay the difference.

#14805 - 06/01/04 12:30 PM Re: 10 ticket metro pass
charlost Offline

Loc: madrid ahora en buenos aires
Well you know now. Of course you can. ( smile ). So dont hesitage to do it. Just one advise do not try to pass everyone toguether at the same time throught the same machine laugh
Enjoy the metro!! Ah! Im not living in Madrid now so can anyone tell me if the TVs inside the train are working or they are still showing unusless blue screens laugh

#14806 - 06/01/04 06:12 PM Re: 10 ticket metro pass
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I remember a few weeks ago as I was getting ready to enter the metro, there was a guy sitting on the steps asking for money to buy a metro ticket.

I didn´t have any change on me, but I did have a metro-bus ticket with two trips left on it. I called him over to the turnstiles, went through and then gave him the ticket to go through after me.

The warm and fuzzy feel good story of the month. wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2028 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments