Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14548 - 03/22/04 06:08 AM sevilla to granada
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
wanted to get train tickets for sevilla-granada route for 3 may. they are full!

tried to get bus tickets on www.continental-auto.es but i keep getting this message after i've selected my destinations and travel dates and times: no hay servicios para el dia indicado. sugerencias: elija otra fecha de salida.
even with my limited spanish, i know that means there is no service for the date indicated.

so help, guys and girls! is there another bus company that goes where i'm going?!!

#14549 - 03/22/04 08:28 AM Re: sevilla to granada
El Dougo Offline

I've played with this. It seems like you can only make reservations for the present month, and to the end of the next month, for example, today, March 22, you can make reservations through April, but not May 1. So you might be able to make the reservation April 1st.

Are you sure the trains are full? tiknet seems to give one the option, but I didn't take it through to the purchase, of course! Also Renfe has a telephone booking number, where you can book regional trains you can't book on tiknet. Make a 3-way call with a Spanish speaking friend. I'd think they would be able to find at least a journey where you might have to change at Bobadilla, or Linares-Baeza. And actually, you can on tiknet book an 8:00 to Linares-Baeza, arrival 11:05, then an 11:45 connection to Granada. There's a 7:40 to Bobadilla (continues to Malaga), that arrives there at 9:15, then transfer to the 9:46 Andalucia Expres to Granada. So just explore all the options, and weigh travel time, cost, etc.

#14550 - 03/25/04 06:33 AM Re: sevilla to granada
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Sookkwan - my advice is don't worry. I've travelled between most of the main cities in Andalucia using the bus company you refer to (it's actually known as Alsina-Graells, and you buy the tickets from their desk in the bus station). I've never had any problem simply turning up at the bus station and getting tickets for the next bus out. Even if the next one were full, there'd be another one in an hour or so anyway. Really, it's not a problem.

#14551 - 03/26/04 02:10 AM Re: sevilla to granada
sookkwan Offline

other than flight tickets, i would usually just turn up and buy it at the station. but with it being festival time, i want to make sure we get our tickets!

i'll try www.continental-auto.es again when it's april. meanwhile, can someone help me with what's required on the site? my spanish is so limited to food-related matters *wink*

what does this mean: 'titular de la tarjeta' and 'titular del billete (viajero)'? my online translation tells me it's 'regular of the card' and 'regular of the bill (traveler)'.

am even more stumped. help please.

#14552 - 03/26/04 03:05 AM Re: sevilla to granada
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
what does this mean: 'titular de la tarjeta' and 'titular del billete (viajero)'?
'Titular de la tarjeta' is the (credit) card owner, and 'Titular del billete' is the person who the ticket is issued for, the one who is going to travel.

#14553 - 03/26/04 06:15 AM Re: sevilla to granada
sookkwan Offline

mucho gracias torrales!

#14554 - 04/15/04 06:21 AM Re: sevilla to granada
sookkwan Offline

logged onto continental auto's site today and found that i could reserve my seats for 3 may.

so i happily keyed in my details. when i hit "comprar", nothing happens.

has anyone attempted to buy their bus tickets online recently? any problems?

#14555 - 04/15/04 07:13 AM Re: sevilla to granada
Torrales Offline

In the process, there are two buttons labeled as Comprar. The first one appears once you have browsed the timetables. Clicking on it, a new page with a Java applet should appear like this one:

[img]http://www.photoways.com/partenaires/pho...kFSVllZJzFXQlY=[/img]

If the applet doesn't appear, then probably is because your browser is not Java-enabled. Else, after clicking the Comprar button in the bottom, your ticket should appear and you just have to print it out and it is enough for you to board the bus. I bought a ticket in this Website for a friend two weeks ago and it worked fine.

#14556 - 04/16/04 12:35 AM Re: sevilla to granada
sookkwan Offline

that's the page i saw!

and after i filled in my details, i clicked on "comprar". that's when nothing happened :-(

do you have any idea which is the java version i'll need?

#14557 - 04/16/04 04:24 AM Re: sevilla to granada
Torrales Offline

If you saw that screen, then you have a Java VM running and it's not this software-related problem.

What you don't know right now is whether the process actually ended well and you have a ticket and your c/c will be charged or not. If I were you, I'd send them a message telling what happened and the name you put in both 'Titular de la tarjeta' and 'Titular del billete'. They should know if someone called X has a booked seat in the SEV-GRA bus of 5/3 at xx:xx. If so, ask them to send you a copy of the ticket by email. The email address that appears in the Help section of the purchasing procedure is info.continental@grupocontinental.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2740 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments