Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14609 - 03/31/04 08:49 PM Santiago de Compostela airport to Cathedral area
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Could you please tell me the transportation modes you know about or have used yourself to move around Santiago and sorrounding towns?

Thanks

#14610 - 04/01/04 04:19 AM Re: Santiago de Compostela airport to Cathedral area
victoria Offline

Loc: Canary Islands
Epaulino4-

I saw your other post and decided to respond to you here. As for transport to/from the airport, I believe there are buses that run fairly regularly. I didn't use this option because they only run until about 11:30 at night and I didn't get in until after midnight. So, I took a taxi, which cost me, if I remember correctly, 14 euros (which was a flat rate). As for transport within Santiago, it's so small that you can walk everywhere, and in fact, in a large part of the old town, it is pedestrian only. There are buses that run within the city and to the outer parts of the city if you prefer to do that, but I think you'll find that walking is the best way to see Santiago. I didn't take any day trips, but you can easily get to La Coruña, Finisterre, and Pontevedra by train, bus, or car if you have one.

Enjoy your trip. Santiago is a wonderful city!

#14611 - 04/01/04 06:35 AM Re: Santiago de Compostela airport to Cathedral area
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
epaulino4 writes:
Quote:
Could you please tell me the transportation modes you know about or have used yourself to move around Santiago and sorrounding towns?
I have taken a bus into town from the airport. As I recall it was just a City Bus (no luggage storage). I have taken taxi both ways. Taxi fixed-rate fares are strictly regulated: Once, I had a 7:00 AM flight to Madrid: I asked a taxista (#49) a day before if he could pick me up at 5:30 AM. He was waiting outside Hostal Hogar San Francisco when they opened the gates for me.

I often ride the TRD (Regional train) to/from Vigo (one of my favorite cities in Spain). The train station is within walking distance of the Historical Area. The TRD runs Vigo-Corunha, so you could also take it to a'Corunha.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2646 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments