Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14471 - 03/09/04 05:47 AM BCN-San Sebastian
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
what's the best way to get to san sebastian from barcelona?

i checked the renfe site and there seems to be only one train going there daily: it leaves barcelona at 12:30pm and arrives at san sebastian at 8:30pm.

spanair and air europa do not fly to san sebastian. only iberia does - and it's 149 euros one way! (no special offers either, sob sob...)

does anyone know if there are trains going to san sebastian at an earlier time of the day?

what about buses? i looked at the alsa.es site but they didn't have that route.

#14472 - 03/09/04 09:20 AM Re: BCN-San Sebastian
Brookie Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
The buses run from Barcelona to San Sebastian and that is probably the easiest and cheapest way to go. I don't remember it being particularly long. I booked my tickets at a Cortes Ingles Travel Center. We stopped a couple of times along the way, once in Pamplona if I'm not mistaken. The bus is definitely the way to go though to get there.

#14473 - 03/09/04 10:53 AM Re: BCN-San Sebastian
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
The bus company that serves the route between BCN and SS is Vibasa. This is their Website (in Spanish only): http://www.vibasa.es/ There, if you click on "purchase tickets", a pop-up appears saying "in the near future".

There are four daily services, one in the morning, two in late afternoon, and a night one, but they don't say how long it takes.

#14474 - 03/09/04 12:40 PM Re: BCN-San Sebastian
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for that link and info, Torrales! You're QUITE an asset to our message board!

By the way, on the http://www.vibasa.es/ website they list BARCELONA as (2 stations) BARNA NORD and BARNA SANTS. Interesting abbreviation of Barcelona. Never seen that one before.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14475 - 03/09/04 01:53 PM Re: BCN-San Sebastian
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
Lat year, I made the trip from Barcelona to San Sebastian by car, I did it in 5 hours. That included a stop for lunch too. I looked into the train, and bus, but it would take too long.

#14476 - 03/10/04 12:11 AM Re: BCN-San Sebastian
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
thanks everyone - will definitely look into bus option!

#14477 - 03/10/04 09:08 AM Re: BCN-San Sebastian
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
I found last summer that it was cheaper to fly with Iberia from BCN to Bilbao than it was to San Sebastian. If you have some time on your hands, it might be worth checking into flying into Bilbao and then taking the short, cheap bus ride into San Sebastian. It might be a bit more of a hassle, but it could save you time, since the flight will be faster than the bus or train. Just a suggestion. Have a great time!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2619 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments