Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14204 - 11/05/03 09:21 AM Driving South, Valencia to Sevilla, suggestions?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Hi all, hola peña, I am still in Valencia, have met up w friends and suddenly we are driving a rented car from Valencia to Sevilla, and we need any advice from any of you who have great adventures to share. A friend in Sevilla will show us the best tapas bars and the Giralda, but we need pointers of what to look for or where to stop along the way. We plan to drive south along the Mediterranean, by-passing Algecíras/Gib except to stop to take a photo, then into Sevilla for a couple of days. After Sevilla, (¿is there life after Sevilla?), we will venture into Portugal briefly, then back to home base in VLC.
In particluar, does anybody have suggestions for driving back to VLC inland? We know that there are many interesting places to visit that are off the beaten track, and we would love to hear about some or another jewel to visit, besides the obcvious Toledo, Segovia and not to forget Madrid.
Any input most appreciated, thanks -Ed/GuiaGuiri

#14205 - 11/06/03 11:53 AM Re: Driving South, Valencia to Sevilla, suggestions?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
I really enjoyed Extremadura and Merida, in particular. One could easily spend a day or more exploring the Roman ruins. Aquaducts, a theater, amphitheater, houses, hippodrome (place where they had chariot races) etc. The archealogical museum is great, too. (DON'T miss the Archealogical Museum in Sevilla, in the Parque Maria Luisa.) These ruins are a treasure and Spain's Roman history is really fascinating. Ask my kids!

Plasencia has the greatest pincho scene I have experienced. Every drink gets you a pincho and there are few tourists. Have lunch on a shoestring.

We saw a bunch of Iberian eagles in the Parque Nacional Monfrague.

Then there is the jamon iberico from Extremadura.....!

This place is road trip heaven!!

#14206 - 11/27/03 05:47 PM Re: Driving South, Valencia to Sevilla, suggestions?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Thanks Jana, I will keep your suggestions for my next cross-iberian drive for sure - this time, we guided ourselves by intuition and had a blast! ¡Lo pasámos BOMBA!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3033 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments