Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13771 - 04/27/03 10:03 AM Barcelona to Madrid
Snoo Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I will need to travel from Barcelona to the Plaza Mayor area of Madrid. What is the best way to travel? The trains stop at the Chamartin station - I think I need the Attocha Station. Since I will have a small suitcase (heavy - will store at hotel) and a (fairly empty) backpack, I don't think I want to take the Metro.
Would it be easier to take the bus? I have no idea where the bus station is that would be close to the Plaza Mayor. confused

#13772 - 04/27/03 10:54 AM Re: Barcelona to Madrid
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
A few suggestions:

First, check the Iberia website, www.iberia.com When last I checked they were still running phenomenal deals on tickets (28 euros one way). Now, this will mean that you come in at the airport (a long way from the Plaza Mayor) and would probably need to take a taxi. But with what you're saving on the plane fare, maybe that's do-able (not to mention the time that you'll save!).

The bus station is probably a bit closer than Charmartin--I think you'll come in at Avenida de Americas. There, too, if you don't want to take the Metro, you'll need to take a cab.

#13773 - 04/27/03 02:17 PM Re: Barcelona to Madrid
Snoo Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Thanks Liz. That flight is now about 100 Euros. Maybe that's why almost all the flights are full ! rolleyes

#13774 - 04/27/03 03:18 PM Re: Barcelona to Madrid
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Guess it depends on when you're traveling or which flight you're one? I'm still able to pull up a 28 euro fare for a one-way trip on June 8.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1937 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments