Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13674 - 03/25/03 12:36 PM Madrid's CASA DE CAMPO
northeron Offline

Loc: S WALES
I have noticed that there is a large lake in the middle of the park casa de campo,could someone please tell me which would be the best metro station to get off at to visit this lake LAGO or BATAN and are there any pubs or restaurants near this lake,THANKS.

#13675 - 03/25/03 12:51 PM Re: Madrid's CASA DE CAMPO
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi northeron!
If you visit the official Madrid Metro website @ http://www.MetroMadrid.es , then click on "ver plano" to show the map of the metro lines, then click on the LAGO station and then on "ver plano zonal" to see an area map of the station, you'll see it's RIGHT across from the lake. The Batán station is going further away from the lake.

There are a number of terrazas (patio bars) around the lake. I've had a Coke here once and it's kinda nice - a little dusty but nice. I don't think there are any restaurants nearby other than, maybe, push-cart-food.

Anyone else have any other information about this? smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13676 - 03/25/03 04:46 PM Re: Madrid's CASA DE CAMPO
ultra Offline

LAGO. and in my opinion, i won´t be rushing back to casa de campo anytime soon. if i would, i´d take one of my buddies, a MALE buddy. i consider myself to be a somewhat tough girl not usually up to getting frightened, but last time there i was. that place is crawling with just enough creepiness to get me out of there fast. the prostitutes, their customers, and more. not a place to take your family on a picnic. seriously,i saw [oral sex] being given in broad daylight on a trail only a 2 minute stroll from the lake.

#13677 - 03/25/03 05:26 PM Re: Madrid's CASA DE CAMPO
northeron Offline

Loc: S WALES
MadridMan your site and knowledge of links like above just gets better, the spanish tourist board should be paying you , you certainly deserve it.
Ultra thanks for the warning, i only intend to go down there for an afternoon out of the city so i should be ok drinking a beer by the lakeside.

#13678 - 03/26/03 05:01 AM Re: Madrid's CASA DE CAMPO
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Yo! MadridMan!

Two suggestions for the site: 1) put a hyperlink in the transportation section to the MetroMadrid website (great for the map!), and information about the monthly Metro/Bus travel abonos for those planning to stay a while. They cost about 50€, are good for the month, and can be used on the Metro, bus and regional bus lines. All in all a really great deal! They can be purchased starting the last week in the month (I think until just after the month starts, but am not sure of the cut-off date) at any Tobacco shop or the main Metro stations. If you want, I can research all the sketchy info for these.

By the way, I think the city or the Spanish tourism board really should contribute to the maintenance costs of the board and log on to put info in it. It would be in their best interest!

¡Viva MadridMan.com!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2749 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments