Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13170 - 10/30/02 08:09 PM Lusitania Trenhotel from Madrid to Lisbon
Xylac Offline

Loc: Wash. DC
Hello,

Hi Madridman ! your forum helped me great deal 2 years ago (forgot my user name),this time I need help I mean information on Lusitania Trenhotel,good ? bad ? more expensive to buy a ticket in US or Spain ? Is it running on weekends,like Saturday ?

#13171 - 10/30/02 08:34 PM Re: Lusitania Trenhotel from Madrid to Lisbon
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Xylac, Xylac, Xylac.... You know, at the login screen you ONLY need to click on the link that says, "Forget your password?" You click on that and your user information will be emailed to the email account you used when you first registered. If you recall your username, please tell me via email or private message and I'll delete that one for you as people are only allowed one username per user. Thanks.

Hope someone can help you with your train question! Have a GREAT time in Spain.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13172 - 10/31/02 05:57 PM Re: Lusitania Trenhotel from Madrid to Lisbon
stacey Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I took the train hotel in Portugal and it was great. It was cheaper than the night trains in Spain. There was a breakfast that was included, the night train in Spain you had to pay.

#13173 - 03/07/03 06:25 PM Re: Lusitania Trenhotel from Madrid to Lisbon
Xylac Offline

Loc: Wash. DC
Thanks for your help !
Lusitania Trenhotel was a great choice.

#13174 - 03/07/03 09:26 PM Re: Lusitania Trenhotel from Madrid to Lisbon
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Xylac! Welcome back. So you took this train? Could you please tell us about it from your firsthand experience? I'm sure others could benefit. Thanks!

Have a good weekend, everyone! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13175 - 03/08/03 08:47 AM Re: Lusitania Trenhotel from Madrid to Lisbon
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Yes, please, do tell us! My parents will be traveling from Lisbon to Madrid in early June and if this is a good way to make the trip, I'd love to tell them about it. Thanks!

#13176 - 03/09/03 03:17 AM Re: Lusitania Trenhotel from Madrid to Lisbon
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I have taken several Spanish "trenhoteles" from Lisboa to Madrid and Paris to Madrid and would not wish it on my worst enemy. First off, the Spanish conductors do not spread the compartments around as the reservations say, but fill up compartments in the middle of the train. They end up having 3 or 4 full compartments with 3 or 4 empty ones on the end of the trains. This has happened to me more than once.

The trenhotels are a (newer) low-rent version of the old couchettes, with a sink and a clothes storage area jammed in. The bunks didn't hold my brother and I who are both over 6 feet.

It costs around $200 for a round trip plane ticket from Lisboa to Paris and you don't have to use the return ticket. Take a plane if you can and save a vacation day.

In my opinion, there is still nothing better than a French 1st class couchette!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2743 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments