Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13505 - 02/15/03 09:32 AM RENFE schedules online
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I've been trying to use the RENFE website to get information about train travel in June 2003. For any dates after 5/31/2003, however, it tells me there are no trains. Since I'm searching popular routes like Madrid-Granada, I doubt that there are truly no trains. Rather, I'm guessing that they just haven't projected the existing schedules that far into the future.

Does anyone have any insight into this? confused

#13506 - 02/15/03 09:40 AM Re: RENFE schedules online
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
It probably IS that there are no trains directly to Granada from Madrid. If you want to be sure, put in next week's date.

If, for example, you put in Madrid to Almería.
You will find that there are no trains. You can get there by train, but it takes a long time, and you have to change. The RENFE website is not good at route planning. You have to keep looking for the Spanish city where a train might go, and
go point-to-point. Not good!

If you speak Spanish, you can call RENFE.

Buena suerte

Lee

#13507 - 02/15/03 09:50 AM Re: RENFE schedules online
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Actually, the problem seems to be fairly universal and related to the cutoff date of 5/31/2003. If I search other routes for June 1st, e.g. Madrid-Sevilla, Madrid-Leon, Madrid-Pamplona, it tells me there are no trains. Searching any of these routes before June 1st does pull up horarios.

#13508 - 02/15/03 10:03 AM Re: RENFE schedules online
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
To get to Granada, we took the AVE to Córdoba and then the bus to Granada. The train and bus stations in Córdoba are right next to each other and the bus worked better with our schedule.

We stored our luggage in a locker and spent a few hours touring Córdoba before we caught our bus to Granada. It worked really well.

#13509 - 02/15/03 11:22 AM Re: RENFE schedules online
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
sel writes:
Quote:
To get to Granada, we took the AVE to Córdoba and then the bus to Granada. The train and bus stations in Córdoba are right next to each other and the bus worked better with our schedule.

We stored our luggage in a locker and spent a few hours touring Córdoba before we caught our bus to Granada. It worked really well.
Now that's the kind of information that can be really useful to people who come to this board for help with their travel plans!

As for the Renfe schedules: They don't change too much. If you build your itinerary around current Renfe schedules you won't go far wrong. Or if you have a copy of last Summer's Thomas Cook's European Timetables, that might be even better.

#13510 - 02/19/03 07:03 PM Re: RENFE schedules online
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Sel is 100% correct. I am sorry I should have told you too. We did the same trip, but in reverse. We took the bus to Córdoba from Granada, and the AVE to Madrid. Getting to Granada from Madrid...all by train takes longer than the train-bus combo.

Buena suerte.

Lee

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2004 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments