Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12918 - 08/08/02 10:11 AM Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Just a heads up for anyone in or near Philadelphia who might be looking for airfare to Madrid. I'm beginning to plan my next vacation and found airfare from PHL to MAD (non-stop) on US Airways for $320 plus taxes (ends up at about $390 I believe). Looks like the fare is good beginning in November and running through February 2003, with the regular holiday blackout dates.

jmc

#12919 - 08/08/02 10:24 AM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT! Thanks for the tip. Can you tell us if you found that by regular fare request or is it a promotion? I just looked over their site, but didn't find it immediately.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#12920 - 08/08/02 11:54 AM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
jmcarr Offline

I'm pretty sure it is a promotion. I found it through www.travelocity.com. I have PHL to MAD and PHL to BCN marked in my account for notification when fares drop below a certain price, and I got a notice in my inbox yesterday. I'm not sure how to find it going directly through www.usairways.com (I assume if you put Nov-Feb dates in it would come up, but haven't tested that assumption); I do receive weekend/holiday flight specials by automated mail from USAir, but haven't heard of the offer from the airline itself.

Also, for anyone in the DC Metro/NOVA area, for about the same price you can fly out of BWI. Basically you are just taking a shuttle to Philadelphia and boarding the transatlantic flight. As an aside, lately I have been flying out of PHL rather than BWI because of the construction mess and almost always full long term parking lots at BWI. Even with construction ongoing at PHL, it is tends to be less of a mess than BWI.

Now that I've given my 2 cents about local airports, I'll fade back into lurk mode smile

jmc

#12921 - 09/06/02 07:58 AM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
jmcarr Offline

Another update -- for flights from BWI or PHL to MAD, the fare of $419 is available through September 11th. Departures and returns between September 15 and October 18.

Here's the website:
http://www.usairways.com/promotions/esavers/offer_mad.htm

#12922 - 09/06/02 10:39 AM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
Espe3 Offline

I signed up with travelocity, but I'm not getting that $320 fare from philly. ARGH! I'm really interested in that one, because I'm pretty sure the flight I have to get from florida to Philly will be inexpensive... we'll see...

#12923 - 09/06/02 11:22 AM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
jmcarr Offline

The $320 has expired (I think it had to be purchased by 8/21) and the new fare is $420 frown

#12924 - 09/06/02 12:40 PM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
Espe3 Offline

I realized that it was an older posting when I checked back later! frown I don't know how I missed it while it was up! Argh! frown Maybe I'll get lucky and at some point before christmas it'll go down after they skyrocket!

#12925 - 09/07/02 11:08 AM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
jmcarr Offline

If past sales can still be used to predict future, given the flux that USAirways is in right now, they'll probably drop the fare again (probably to the $320-350 range) in November, for dates in January and February. I've gone to Spain via PHL in February for the last couple of years on the November sale fare.

jmc

#12926 - 01/03/03 10:50 AM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
jmcarr Offline

USAirways sent notice of a promotional fare:
$279-$309 RT to Madrid or Rome from BWI, PHL, DCA.

Details follow. I haven't checked out the website, but I assume the sale is advertised there.

jmc

1. THIS WEEK'S INTERNATIONAL E-SAVERS

You may depart on Sundays to Wednesdays, between January 26 and February 19, 2003. Return travel is Tuesdays to Fridays, between February 4 and February 28, 2003. Travel is not permitted to Rome and Madrid on February 12. Travel is not permitted from Rome and Madrid on February 18. Saturday night stay is required. Tickets must be purchased by January 8, 2003.

For travel, make your reservations online at
http://www.usairways.com/promotions/esavers/offer_fcomad.htm
These special fares can also be purchased by calling 1-888-359-3728. Tickets must be purchased at the time of reservation. For more information on Rome, please visit
http://www.usairways.com/travel/destinations/europe/fco.htm
For more information on Madrid, please visit
http://www.usairways.com/travel/destinations/europe/mad.htm

ROUNDTRIP
-------------------------------------------------------------
Baltimore, MD Rome, Italy $309
Baltimore, MD Madrid, Spain $299

Philadelphia, PA Rome, Italy $289
Philadelphia, PA Madrid, Spain $279

Washington National, DC Rome, Italy $309
Washington National, DC Madrid, Spain $299

Fares shown are based on roundtrip Coach travel on US Airways/US Airways Express, during the period specified above. Depending upon your travel needs, alternative routings may be available at the same fares, with part of the service on regional aircraft operated by US Airways Express carriers Allegheny, Air Midwest, Chautauqua, Colgan, Mesa, Midway, Piedmont, PSA, Shuttle America or Trans States.

#12927 - 01/03/03 01:42 PM Re: Philly->MAD: FYI-low fare Nov->Feb
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Madridman, Columbus, OH is included in the low fare, with $319 to Madrid. Here's the link:

http://www.usairways.com/promotions/esavers/offer_fcomad.htm

It's only $299 from Boston (taxes, etc, bring it up to about 360), so I'm thinking of treating myself to an extended weekend.....hmmm, might have to start looking for a quality hostal....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments