Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10274 - 12/28/02 09:46 PM Madrid-Valencia
Sabine Offline

Loc: Virginia
I am was wondering what the cheapest way to get from Madrid to Valencia and back is, in the beginning of March? Thanks!

#10275 - 12/29/02 05:30 AM Re: Madrid-Valencia
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA

#10276 - 12/31/02 07:32 PM Re: Madrid-Valencia
Javier Asiaín Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello Sabine!

If you want to travel from Madrid to Valencia by the cheapest way... ¡take the bus from any Madrid bus station! Alsa-Enatcar could be a great company to organise your travel with if you prefer the bus. (Furthermore, in www.alsa.es you can book your tickets online)

But, in my opinion, if you want to enjoy your trip, take the plane. (It's much more comfortable, fast and "chic" and it is not as expensive as you imagine) All spanish carriers offers really good deals if you book on the web. However, if I were you, I would have a look at www.iberia.com (I recommend you STRONGLY that airline) or www.aireuropa.com or www.spanair.com . There you will be able to find tickets between cities in Spain (like MAD-VLC) by 65 euros. It's very worth to use planes in Spain.

See us,
JAVIER, from Madrid.

#10277 - 01/01/03 01:14 PM Re: Madrid-Valencia
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
The bus company doing the Madrid - Valencia route is not Alsa/Enatcar but Auto-Res . Their buses don't depart from any bus station but from the Auto-Res station at Fernández Shaw, 1, besides the N-III (Madrid - Valencia road).

The fares quoted by Javier are promotional fares and you have to meet certains conditions to get it. The standard fare is more expensive.

Besides, think that the plane takes 50 minutes whereas the bus takes 4 hours. However, the airport is located further from the city centre than the bus station (that means you'll spend more time on the transfer) and you have to be at the airport at least 1 hour in advance.

Auto-Res Express buses have seats that are more comfortable than Airbus-320 tourist class ones. You have more leg room, toilet, free newspaper, courtesy earphones for the music channels / video. The price is 39 euros round trip. Normal buses are 33 € (but don't include the facilities above).

A more expensive alternative to the bus is the Altaria train . Altaria is a fast train and one of the best we have in Spain (with facilities similar to the ones at the AVE). Prices are nearly twice the bus ones (around 60€ / round trip in tourist class) but it's faster than the bus (3:30 hours).

My advice is to take the plane for longer distances (eg. Madrid - Barcelona, Barcelona - Seville) where the time you save flying is worth the money.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1629 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments