Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12675 - 05/16/02 02:55 PM Cheap flights spain - england?
Mark_S Offline

Loc: England - Oxford
Hi,
As cheap airlines like go/easyjet/bmi have really cheap oneway tickets to spain from england but more expensive flights back to england, I was wondering if there was a similar spanish airline that did really cheap oneway tickets to england?
Cheers,
Mark

#12676 - 05/16/02 03:44 PM Re: Cheap flights spain - england?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi Mark

I've never noticed the flights to be more expensive coming back to Uk fromSpain. Have you checked a few different dates? Or are just you stuck with a date that happens to have more expensive seats on the way back?

I have noticed that the return price is often cheaper on the way back - all depends on when you are going.

Someone else might know about cheap flights from Spain to UK though.

Good luck.

Jo

#12677 - 05/18/02 10:06 AM Re: Cheap flights spain - england?
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I know easyjet are definately dearer on the return leg, my daughter did this and the price did exceed the price we pay here in England for the same journey, something to do with taxes.

#12678 - 05/18/02 05:24 PM Re: Cheap flights spain - england?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Bad news: Easyjet has bought Go which will probably mean less competition and higher prices when flying from the UK to the rest of Europe.

Despite what Easyjet may say, lack of competition is always bad for customers. Although they have very good offers when booking far in advance, try to book a flight for next week. You'll see their prices are more expensive than most of the regular airlines.

#12679 - 05/19/02 07:12 AM Re: Cheap flights spain - england?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Yes, Antonio, you have to get the easyJet seats as soon as they come on sale for the best bargains. Usually means sitting up until midnight on the night they are released to get first choice. Having said that, if you are booking far in advance it's usually still pretty cheap. But, yes the last minute prices aren't good.

Remains to be seen what will happen over all with the buying of Go. More routes, but no departure points any better for me as far as I know.

Sue - all the flights I have ever booked with easyJet have had cheaper return journeys back from Madrid to Liverpool, and I've just checked again, for July this year and they are cheaper then too. I think it's just the luck of the draw as to whether it's more or less. Or did you mean if you were to buy the ticket once you are in Spain, it would be more expensive to return? But surely the same prices are available wherever you book the easyJet flight from?

I don't know, maybe Antonio can investigate this!

Mark - glad to hear last night that you got your ticket sorted out and that you are spending a nice long chunk of time in Spain. Have fun! (I'm pretty sure you will! laugh )

Jo

#12680 - 05/19/02 11:40 AM Re: Cheap flights spain - england?
Mark_S Offline

Loc: England - Oxford
Thanks Jo, I know I'll have a great time! cool
How do you know when easyjet release their tickets so you can get the best deals?
Is there a similar situation on the other discount airlines?

#12681 - 05/19/02 12:35 PM Re: Cheap flights spain - england?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Mark

You need to go to the easyJet site and register with them - then they send you a e-mail letting you, as a registered person, know first when they are about to release their seats for sale. It's usually about 24 hours notice!

I'm sure the other cheapies have a similar system.

Any other questions? I expect after 'last night' you may have many - after listening in to womens' chat! Please excuse them!

Jo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1612 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments