MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12382 - 03/13/02 01:12 PM Good deals on Iberia.com
rainspooner Offline

Loc: Phoenix
Spanophiles,

If you're looking for really great airfares from the USA to Madrid, check out www.Iberia.com.

I booked a flight from Phoenix to Madrid about a month ago for $545! round trip plus tax. I'm travelling in May and coming home on a Saturday. (Typically, Saturday departures are more expensive.)

Iberia booked me on an American Airlines flight from Phoenix to Chicago and then on Iberia to Madrid. All for $545. Out of curiousity, I went back to www.Iberia.com this AM and they had dropped the price of that same itinerary to $520.

The lowest fares I could find elsewhere ( travelocity , expedia etc.)were in the neighborhood of $700 round trip.

Iberia also flies the new, QUIET, Airbus 340's from Chicago to Madrid.

I haven't flown Iberia before, does anyone have any info/feedback on them?

#12383 - 03/13/02 01:16 PM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sounds great!!! I think you'll find LOTS of previously posted personal feedback on Iberia right here in this forum, including my GLOWING review of them and their royal treatment towards me on my return trip from Madrid after the last Christmas holiday. Mmmm.. wow.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#12384 - 03/14/02 11:55 PM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
lasgaviotas Offline

Loc: San Diego
I am planning to travel from San Diego to Lisbon and then onto Madrid in Oct. Unfortunately the Iberia site does not give rates more than 6 months out. We were going to bypass Madrid this year on our way to Barcelona but how can you pass Madrid up.

#12385 - 03/15/02 06:09 AM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
RainSpooner writes:
Quote:
I haven't flown Iberia before, does anyone have any info/feedback on them?
I found Service on Iberia TransAtlantic flights to be below par (not good, like in golf but poor, meaning not so good). The Flight Attendants act very much like Government employees or Political appointees (We may not give very good service but we're SLOW!) eek I have flown TransAtlantic on Iberia more than one roundtrip. Surprisingly, we found just the opposite on Iberia's Intra-Europe flights. Service was excellent.

LasGaviotas writes:
Quote:
We were going to bypass Madrid this year on our way to Barcelona but how can you pass Madrid up.
On another forum, under subject 'Day in Morocco' you say you will be on a Cruise ship. I assume you are traveling Lisbon-Gibraltar-Barcelona by ship. If that's the case, you may have to 'jump ship' in Lisbon or Gibraltar, travel overland (or fly) to Madrid and rejoin your cruise in Barcelona. cool
What does that have to do with: 'Good deals on Iberia.com?' rolleyes

#12386 - 04/07/02 06:25 AM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Rainspooner,

The flights I took via Iberia, non-stop Chicago to Madrid & return, on the A340 Airbus, did have movies. There were screens located throughout the cabin, but no TV type screens located at each seat area.

Hope this helps - smile

Wolf

#12387 - 04/07/02 06:57 PM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Hey all, while we're on the subject of Iberia, I've got a question for you:

I remember great service on Iberia, but of course I had just gotten off a flight on TWA (The Worst Airline). This was about 12 years ago from Heathrow to Bilbao...they came around with an hors d'oeuvre (I'm no Frenchie :p ) tray and had us pick off it like at a garden party...it was novel, and the food was good, but that was years ago.

While almost certain they no longer do this...has anyone seen this sort of service from Iberia recently?

#12388 - 04/07/02 07:16 PM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Hey CaliBasco-

I havent' seen them come around with hors d'oevres, but they always come around with trays of bread asking if anyone wants more!! Gotta love it!!

-GranadaGirl

#12389 - 04/07/02 07:55 PM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
GG--bread's good for soaking up that vino tinto, isn't it? laugh

#12390 - 04/07/02 08:25 PM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
The pan rocks! I just wish I could match in with my baking - frown

Actually I have found that the food on Iberia's flights ain't half bad. With the "overnight flight" because you leave late one afternoon and arrive in Madrid just before 8 AM (from Chicago), you get a breakfast as well as the dinner meal earlier. I go all out on the bread and Spanish type condiments to use on it. It may not be a five star meal but I don't really care. It's a gourmet meal to me! Especially when they bring me more pan and decent coffee!!! laugh

Wolf (Who eats his way across the Atlantic both ways! - rolleyes )

#12391 - 04/07/02 11:52 PM Re: Good deals on Iberia.com
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
AH! Let's all repeat together..."Alguien quiere MAS PAN?!" The magical phrase that keeps us travelling with Iberia... laugh

The food isn't half bad, although I must say the first meal I had on Air Europa was GREAT! Given, it was Good Friday and as the good Catholic I am, I shouldn't have eaten it, but they gave us each chicken tenders AND a type of beef stroganoff, and, yes, I ate BOTH. I just don't feel right travelling on an empty stomach... rolleyes The meal on the way home wasn't as great though.

Back to Iberia...I have seen more consistent 'decent' meals as opposed to 'mystery meat' casseroles...(I travelled on British Airways once, and they served us some type of fish. Needless to say I didn't eat it, hasn't ANYONE seen the movie Airplane?!) eek

-GG (who's with Wolf in eating her way across the Atlantic and back)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1767 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments