Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12140 - 01/18/02 02:52 PM Flights within Spain
travler Offline

I recently found a deal on Iberia Airlines that will give you 3 one way flights anywhere in spain (including ths Balearic Islands) for $190 if you buy your international flight through them. Their flight prices aren't bad either. I was curious if anyone know anything about this deal and if its a smart way to travel through spain. We were thinking about using one flight from Madrid to Barcelona and the other two flights to and from one of the Balearic Islands. Thanks for any input on this!

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#12141 - 01/18/02 10:03 PM Re: Flights within Spain
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
The train and bus system are very modern, but if you're short on time flying could help.

We had three weeks in Spain last summer and split it into two: Andalucia and the north (Basque Country and Cantabria). We toyed with taking the overnight train from Malaga to Bilbao, but by the time we started pricing the journey by rail, the flight prices (and especially the speed) won out. At 52$ one way on Europa, the one hour flight time across the country was too irristible...

On the other hand, if you have a lot of time you see more by taking the train or bus. Hope this helps!

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: JJP ]

#12142 - 01/19/02 05:15 AM Re: Flights within Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
travler writes:
Quote:

I recently found a deal on Iberia Airlines that will give you 3 one way flights anywhere in spain (including ths Balearic Islands) for $190 if you buy your international flight through them.... I was curious if anyone know anything about this deal and if its a smart way to travel through spain.

We did that once. Iberia used to call it a 'Visit Spain pass' and when we did it it was for 4-flight segments: We flew Madrid-Sevilla, Sevilla-Barcelona, Barcelona-Vigo and Vigo-Madrid. It's a smart way to travel if you are on a very tight schedule. Check with Spanair! You may be able to do better with them and fly any 'qualifying' carrier to Spain (Spanair has temporarily suspended its IAD-MAD flights). http://www.Spanair.com Last year, both Iberia and Spanair had some 'last minute' deals that were really cheap. Browse their Internet sites for details.

#12143 - 01/21/02 11:46 AM Re: Flights within Spain
travler Offline

Thanks JJP and Eddie.

Eddie, they do still call it the Spain Pass. Was it pretty easy to make your reservations with Iberia? Did you make them all before you got to Spain or can you reserve them as you go. I will try Spanair too. Thanks for your help.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1932 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments