MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90372 - 01/12/12 12:29 PM Madrid Christmas 2011, New Years, Magic Kings 2012
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "Madrid Christmas 2011, New Years, Magic Kings 2012"

Another Spanish holiday season comes to a close. It was nice and I tend to really enjoy Christmastime, no matter where I am. Being in Madrid, Spain makes it especially “exotic”, even after living here for 6-years.

The Christmas lights were the same as always, maybe swapped from one downtown neighborhood/street to another to seem new, but in times of crisis I can understand. I’m not for wasteful spending whether it be in the city’s budget or in my personal life. Who doesn’t like Christmas lights?!
(Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90373 - 01/12/12 01:46 PM Re: Madrid Christmas 2011, New Years, Magic Kings 2012 [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Its true that Christmas can be had anywhere, but Christmas in Spain-Madrid will always be special.Thanks for sharing the story

#90377 - 01/15/12 04:08 PM Re: Madrid Christmas 2011, New Years, Magic Kings 2012 [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I got three more this year so I'll post those soon. TWO of the three *I* cut into so I have to pay for it, so the custom goes. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90391 - 01/19/12 12:00 PM Re: Madrid Christmas 2011, New Years, Magic Kings 2012 [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Photo Update: 3 "figurines"/"toys" found in this year's 2012 "Roscón de Reyes".

Saludos, MadridMan

#90395 - 01/19/12 03:09 PM Re: Madrid Christmas 2011, New Years, Magic Kings 2012 [Re: MadridMan]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Our friends from Sevilla, would have paper money folded and wrapped in foil. Is this common, also?

In New Orleans, any day from Epiphany to Mardi Gras could include a King cake. They bake a plastic baby in the cake. The sugar on top is decorated with purple, green and gold sugars.

It is always interesting to see how traditions change from country to country or even city to city. New Orleans, of course, has a Spanish history along with the French history that most people recall.

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1846 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments