MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91373 - 07/29/12 01:52 AM Madrid Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "Madrid Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa"

Everyone knows MadridMan LOVES flamenco dance and music. So Friday night was special as it was my first visit to Madrid's Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa, located on the northwestern corner of the Plaza Santa Ana, the building's ground floor façade has beautifully hand-panted tiles (from 1915-1920) depicting different landmarks in Madrid and Andalucía, Spain.

I've witnessed flamenco dance in just about every tablao in Madrid so I consider myself a bit of a critic. I'm not an expert, mind you, but I can spot good flamenco dancing when I see it - and Friday night's performance did not disappoint. A "tablao" is the venue at which flamenco is typically witnessed - and Madrid has many. (Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91374 - 07/29/12 07:35 AM Re: Madrid Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
looks pretty as flamenco does. And yes tablaos are nicer as the famous already are too touristic and take away the originality and spontanenous act of the dancers.I think

#91378 - 07/29/12 04:51 PM Re: Madrid Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa [Re: pedmar]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I am so glad you were able to go to Villa Rosa. As you know,MM, when I was in Madrid in June, I was able to go there too. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the show was and how beautiful the building is. I agree with you that the price is right for an abbreviated show and a drink. It is perfect when you want to experience Andalucía and Flamenco but you aren't going further south.

#91382 - 07/30/12 09:46 AM Re: Madrid Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa [Re: esperanza]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

Thanks for the review MM and I enjoyed it. I just might do it next trip to Madrid.

#91413 - 08/04/12 11:27 AM Re: Madrid Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa [Re: Bill from NYC]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Another "thank you" for the review. Enjoyed your perspective and info. Something I might take Mrs. 44 to see when next in Madrid.

Saludos,

#91415 - 08/05/12 04:19 PM Re: Madrid Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa [Re: admiral44]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Fantastic review MM!

#91416 - 08/05/12 05:45 PM Re: Madrid Flamenco Tablao Villa-Rosa [Re: Puna]
Crisco Offline

I'm so glad something finally went into that beautiful building.I saw something going on last fall-lots of construction junk piled up outside! Kitty corner from this place across Plaza Santaa, next to the Roomate hotel and just off Huertas on c/Principe, there's a bar with wonderful tiles outside and it's closed-getting covered with graffiti.Hopefullyy that too will re-open soon.

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3000 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments