MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87792 - 07/10/10 02:00 PM 2010 World Cup Final: Spain-Holland
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest MadriMan Blog Entry, "2010 World Cup Final: Spain-Holland"

Whether or not you believe in clairvoyant "Pulpo Paul", the 2010 World Cup Final match featuring a strong Spanish Team and the respectable Holland team will no doubt be exciting tomorrow/Sunday night - 8:30pm Spain time, 2:30pm New York Time.

No other World Cup game has been as important as this one. This time it's for the World Cup Title, one which has eluded Spain for literally an eternity. And as with all previous World Cup games, Spain's passionate fans will be glued to their television sets in living rooms, bars, and big-screen TVs in plazas throughout the country. (Read more...)

Go Spain!!!! xfingers I'll be watching and cheering!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87816 - 07/11/10 07:51 PM Re: 2010 World Cup Final: Spain-Holland [Re: MadridMan]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
CONGRATS TO SPAIN....A WELCOME VICTORY FOR YOU AND FOR YOUR MANY FANS AROUND THE WORLD!!!

GREAT EXCITEMENT ON THIS SIDE OF THE ATLANTIC FOR YOU (USA)!

#87819 - 07/11/10 10:22 PM Re: 2010 World Cup Final: Spain-Holland [Re: Silver Traveler]
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
Fantastic!!

#87820 - 07/12/10 01:29 AM Re: 2010 World Cup Final: Spain-Holland [Re: jaimemiguel]
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
CONGRATULATIONS TO SPAIN!!! There must be such great celebrations going on!! What fun!

#87821 - 07/12/10 03:06 AM Re: 2010 World Cup Final: Spain-Holland [Re: aidance]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
TeleMadrid will be televising online and on TV the following Monday celebrations:

The team returns to Spain/Madrid today and will meet the royals and politicians at "La Moncloa" at about 5pm. After that - and after they change from their suits to their teams clothes - will get on the double-decker bus to make a long, slow celebratory trip through the old downtown Madrid.

Oddly, to me, they've changed the venue for the final stage celebration from Cibeles/Palacio de Comunicaciones to, get this, the "Mirador de Príncipe Pío". This is the outdoor stage/concert venue alongside the Manzanares River near Príncipe Pío (and not far from where I live!). They expect to arrive to this point by 9pm but I'm guessing it will be later.

The above, new venue is part of the "River Renovation Project" and, at least in part, funded by the government's "Plan E" ("E" for "España") economic stimulus project. Just Saturday night I took the bus along the river and saw the stage being constructed and, at that time, had no idea why, assuming there'd be a concert there sometime soon. But no. It was to celebrate the proud return - win or lose - of our Spanish National Football Team. Woo Hoo!!

You can bet I'll be watching - but on TV. Need to be close to the computer. Enjoy!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2011 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments