Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#86823 - 03/17/10 07:47 PM Barcelona Trip Preparations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
"Barcelona Trip Preparations"

BARCELONA, HERE I COME!!!!

Follow along MadridMan's... err... BarcelonaMan's travels to BARCELONA on the Barcelona Blog (on Blogger) spanning 6 nights in Barcelona from 19-25 March.

Today has been a busy day in preparation for my 6-night trip to Barcelona; printing out emails, maps, directions and specifics about my visit to Barcelona, Catalonia's capital city go Gothic Goodness. My correspondence with the Barcelona Tourism Office has also been very active this past week.

So I leave on Friday,. 19 March on the bullet-train AVE from Madrid to Barcelona - traveling FIRST CLASS, don'tchaknow, ("Club Class", they call it) so that'll be an interesting experience. They say breakfast will be included. Can't wait to rub elbows with the high-and-mighty and corporate leaders of Spain. And there'll be lil' ol' me, MadridMan, on his way to personifying BarcelonaMan once again.(Read More...)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86824 - 03/17/10 10:26 PM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Have Fun...take lots of pictures...

#86825 - 03/18/10 03:15 AM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: Kipper]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

You can be sure of that! And video too! But now I'm concerned about the video format of the new digital camera which records in .mp4 format instead of the .mpg format as did my previous digital camera. Not sure I can upload MP4s to YouTube or not.

STAY TUNED!! Saludos, MadridMan...errr... "BarcelonaMan"

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86826 - 03/18/10 07:35 AM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: MadridMan]
margarete Offline

Loc: south east USA
loved traveling from Madrid to Zaragoza by "Club Class".
Coming back was regular!. The only difference was the serving of food. Everything else seemed same. Have fun and enjoy. Someday I will make it to Barcelona.

#86831 - 03/18/10 02:46 PM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: margarete]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Have a good trip to Barcelona, although not a fan of trains, club class should be interesting to know the difference from reg economy class.

#86832 - 03/18/10 05:31 PM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: MadridMan]
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
In the New York Times for Thursday, March 18 there is an article on "High-Speed Rail Gains Traction in Spain". This is the train that MadridMan wrote about in his blog. Maybe someone that has a better of the computer than me can link it.
Thanks

#86833 - 03/18/10 05:38 PM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: Jim Costello]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

#86837 - 03/19/10 02:04 AM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tick Tock! Here I go to Atocha train station to catch the AVE to Barcelona. Can't wait for the breakfast - although I had a cup of coffee at home. Should be interesting. Be sure to check my Barcelona Blog for details while I'm gone.

Saludos, BarcelonaMan

#86839 - 03/19/10 09:13 AM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
How was the trip in AVE?

#86845 - 03/19/10 07:38 PM Re: Barcelona Trip Preparations [Re: jazz]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Fast and smooth. Made one stop in Zaragoza during the 2 hour 52 minute trip. Read all about it - and see photos too- on BarcelonaMan's Barcelona Blog!

Saludos, MadridMan/BarcelonaMan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1908 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments