Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#82494 - 10/06/04 01:04 AM Things that make no sense to me
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
(This isnt in any way meant to slag any one there are some things that just baffle me.) A few questions

1.Why is it that America has such a capitalistic society and why is American society so blatantly degenerative. Why is it that every one buys into the Rap Hip Hop culture of America?

2.Why is American culture and life style so wide spread around the world?

3.Why is it that the last time I was in Madrid I thought I might of accidently bought tickets to Peru?

4.Why is their a huge mosque in Madrid didnt we just spend 700 yrs kicking them out?

5.How can Madrid be Madrid when it looks more like Lima or Rabat?

6.What does cheap labor give to common people of Spain in return does it really help the ecenomy alot?

7.Why are most of immagrants on the streets selling drugs?

8.How am I supposed to be completely blind and not realize that my city/country is allowing to much immagration?

9.Why is mass spread tourism allowed which may drive Spains ecenomy but at the same time drives the price of dwellings well above the price range of a native?

10.Why do non-nationals and immagrants get health benefits?

11.Why are Spaniards basically at the bottom of the politicians priorities?

12.Why is the system such garbage?

13.Does cheap labor from immagrants out weigh the need for security and safety of the community?

14.Why does Europe blatantly follow in Americas foot steps like a blind folded drone with a knife to its back?

I conclude from all of this is that its this way because the #1 priority is money the last priority is the actual Spanish people and our communities security.

One thing I need to add I do not mind having a low level immagration from Asia, South America, Africa etc. although I do not see any real benefit for Spain or the society I know that they are just looking for a better future and life that I understand. How ever the levels that which it is at right now is to high and the current soceity which is being constructed is unacceptable and degenerative garbage.

#82495 - 10/06/04 05:26 AM Re: Things that make no sense to me
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Quintos,
Let me recommend that you move items
1 and 2, having to do with American culture into the Non-Spain Discussion forum, out of respect to our host, MM, who asks that we keep the topic of the thread in the correct category. By doing so, we will feel free to post our responses.

In respect to your concern about the recent waves of immigration into Spain, which as you say make no sense to you. There is one item about tourists that does not make sense to me and I would ask you to expand on this.

Generally tourists usually stay at hotels or rental facilities, so I do not see how they would add to the permanent housing problem in Spain. Or do you mean, other Europeans moving to Spain and buying homes there, thus diminishing the number of available homes?

Saludos,

#82496 - 10/06/04 05:42 AM Re: Things that make no sense to me
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'd agree with Booklady. The above list is definitely a "mixed bag" of questions belonging in different categories here on the message board. 1 & 2 (and maybe #14) belong in the Non-Spain Discussion category. Some of the others belong in the Political Commentary category while many others belong in the About Spain category.

I'm going to close/lock this thread as opposed to my trying to move the different questions all over the place. Please ask your questions in their appropriate categories. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1627 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments