Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#82307 - 04/23/04 06:14 PM Zapatero interview in El Mundo
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Since some of you expressed an interest in today's (Friday March 23) El Mundo interview with Rodriguez Zapatero, I've translated a few of his quotes below.
Some of the interview's highlights may be read in Spanish at this link

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2004/04/23/espana/1082683095.html

Please remember that these I've selected represent 2 per cent of what he said and are out of context.

“The day I leave La Moncloa (his new residence) I hope nobody will say that I’ve changed.”

“It was pointless staying in Iraq, creating uncertainty among our troops and allies.”

“There’s no need for a special commission to look at Ceuta and Melilla because Ceuta and Melilla are not a problem.”

“There will be a European Constitution signed under the Irish presidency. And my aim is to have it signed in Madrid as a homage to the victims of 11-M.”

"We were told a year ago that the intervention in Iraq was a step towards normalising the situation in Israel and Palestine. It hasn’t quite worked out that way.”

"Fidel Castro’s regime has to open up to democracy. That is, all I say with regards to Cuba and Fidel Castro will have that objective in mind.”

“We will allow gay married couples to adopt, but with a demanding series of requirements to ensure the rights of minors.”

"The greatest shame in this country is the number of women who are physically abused. Our first law is going to be tough.”

#82308 - 04/24/04 08:34 AM Re: Zapatero interview in El Mundo
miche_dup1 Offline

Taa Barry,

I've just bought my 'bono' of 50 articles to read from El Mundo jeje. It's a long article but I'll get through it for sure.

Cheers.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1581 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments