Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84435 - 05/18/09 01:02 PM Anybody been to Vietnam?
jaytuk Offline

I'm thinking about traveling to Vietnam in November. I've never been there and the only info I know about it is from here - Vietnam Travel and Culture

Have you been there? If you have, What were your favorite things to do?

Also, I like hiking. So any suggestions for good places to hike would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance smile

#85260 - 09/13/09 03:08 PM Re: Anybody been to Vietnam? [Re: jaytuk]
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
If you like hiking you MUST visit Sapa near the Chinese border.

Truly, truly stunning.

Book a trip from Hanoi - the one we took comprised travel there and back pn an overnight sleeper train, hotel for one night and a night staying with a hill tribe family, all food included for the princely sum of about £50 each!

Halong Bay is a must - again, book from Hanoi and stay overnight on a traditional junk.

Hoi An, a world heritage sight is a beatiful little town. Save some luggage space to get some clothes tailored - we got 4 pairs of trousers for about £18!

Hanoi and HCMC (Saigon) are ok but all S E Asian cities are much of a muchness. I'd advise to just use these as departure points for the more interesting parts of the country.

If you need any more specific info feel free to ask.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1567 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments